2013 Rovers Cup

2»

Comments

• shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    they can use it for next season and earn money 
  • Pune already has Balewadi Stadium. Maybe they are thinking of not using it any more and they want to use DSK stadium. Now DSK will be private stadium so definitely charges will be high to rent it. How will Pune FC respond to that-are they willing to play at DSK?  If yes then its a done deal. But first DSK has to build a stadium with floodlights at Hadapsar, Pune.<br><br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">How about they merge knowing that Pune will forever be a 1-team city especially since they also compete with IPL and now HIL.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No, that would be unpractical now.</font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">How about they merge knowing that Pune will forever be a 1-team city especially since they also compete with IPL and now HIL.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No, that would be unpractical now.</font></div>

<br><br>No they are separate business groups. pune FC is like Piramal group - a Marwari business family with interests in builders/construction business as well as VIP Suitcases. DSK is promoted by DSKulkarni construction group. For these people, football club is very much a second business, not main. They will not merge. I doubt that there are enough fans for 2 clubs in Pune but well I can be wrong. Unfortunately Mumbai FC and Mumbai tigers will also continue playing in Pune.<br>Gaffertape I think is from DSK group. he commented that DSK is building some stadium which can be used for India team or juniors training place. maybe that infrastructure creation will give them a corporate slot. <br>No Pune do not have HIL franchise, it used to have WSH club but WSH - worldseries hockey is now defunct. <br>
  • munna21977 wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">How about they merge knowing that Pune will forever be a 1-team city especially since they also compete with IPL and now HIL.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">No, that would be unpractical now.</font></div>

<br><br>No they are separate business groups. pune FC is like Piramal group - a Marwari business family with interests in builders/construction business as well as VIP Suitcases. DSK is promoted by DSKulkarni construction group. For these people, football club is very much a second business, not main. They will not merge. I doubt that there are enough fans for 2 clubs in Pune but well I can be wrong. Unfortunately Mumbai FC and Mumbai tigers will also continue playing in Pune.<br>Gaffertape I think is from DSK group. he commented that DSK is building some stadium which can be used for India team or juniors training place. maybe that infrastructure creation will give them a corporate slot. <br>No Pune do not have HIL franchise, it used to have WSH club but WSH - worldseries hockey is now defunct. <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>When I said HIL I meant soon. There are already talks to add Pune soon.</div><div><br></div><div>Sadly that is the truth though so I am guessing it will be survival of the fittest which for Indian football is not what we need.</div>