AFC U16 Championship 2014

Comments

• gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    wht happened for our friendly with uae u16??<br>
  • UAE FA twitter page has some info but it's in arabic and google translate does not express correctly....from what i could understand 1-1 or 1-0 in favor of India.<div> </div>
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    dhungel35 wrote: »
    UAE FA twitter page has some info but it's in arabic and google translate does not express correctly....from what i could understand 1-1 or 1-0 in favor of India.<div> </div>

<br><br>i think both are good results ....<br>
  • FahuFahu 207 Points

India U-16 Team impress in Second Friendly

The Indian U-16 National Team played out an impressive 1-1 draw against UAE U-16 National Team in their second and final Friendly Match organized by All India Football Federation ahead of their AFC U-16 Championship (Qualifiers) campaign in Kuwait from Saturday (September 21, 2013).

Bedashwor Singh scored in the 38th minute of the match.

The Boys mauled Sharjah Sports Club 4-0 in their previous match on Friday (September 13, 2013).

Head Coach Goutam Ghosh said: “This is a good result for the Boys. I am happy with the way they played and stuck to the philosophy. Ahead of the AFC Qualifiers, the two matches were very helpful.”

AIFF media
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    wow great result!!!..great because it was the actual UAE U-15 team that just won the Gulf cup GCC..details from their website:<div><br></div><div><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Dubai/ Tuesday September 17, 2013: The GCC Gulf Champions unbeaten UAE U-15 national team line up in a friendly against Indian counterparts at the Al Shaab playground in Sharjah on Tuesday. The match kicks off at 5.45pm. The boys in white are preparing for the AFC Asian U-16 Cup qualifiers scheduled in Lahore, Pakistan from September 25 to 29.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">According to assistant coach Khalid Mohammed Ebrahim, the UAE lads have come out of the recent GCC championship in a better form after claiming the title and the qualifiers will not be an exception.</span><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">“The team is doing very well under the supervision of the head coach Badr Saleh and his assistants and hopefully they will continue to excel. We have elected to play against India because of the similar style with Pakistan,” he said.</span></div>
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    UAE 's results in U-16 GCC cup earlier this month:<div>UAE 2-2 Oman(3:0 PK)</div><div>UAE 0-0 Qatar(5:4 PK)</div><div>UAE 4-1 Bahrain</div><div>UAE 3-2 Saudi Arabia</div>
  • also it was "away" game for us so i think it was a good result.........
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Our academy in good flow now 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    if u16 does well, I think for the 1st time we can be a bit more hopeful about the results. This  will be the first batch playing u16 with all the age verifications..i think the last batch (Uttam and co.) also didnt had the medical tests done. I mean we had success at u16/19 level before, but we all know that many players were probably over age, and no wonder many disappeared when the time came at senior level.