IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    i see you guys are finally going my way  :D  :D   8->
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    I forgot to use this ( :P ) in my last comment.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    I forgot to use this ( :P ) in my last comment.

<br><br>anyway retired star players are enough for me from europe i mean seriously i only watched indian football i got no idea of how good those guys were<br>
    Retired star players from europe are enough for me too but that is only 1 side of the coin. this league will effect the I-league in a bad way , and I am strongly against that.

I whould have been happy , if IMG had any plans to impove I-league but they don't or they don't want.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    namewtheld wrote: »
    How abt 120 million USD to start with...i can see Beckham et al drooling already

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">There is no way they would spend that much on a product like that. Sure, we may hear it but its like with actual politics ("Citizens, we shall now commission $10,000,000 on the new bridge down town" Never happens.)</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also, think about this. The plan is to start this league in January 2014. We need excellent stadiums, we need proper grass turf stadiums as well (Stars like Henry and Robbie Keane have stated their disgust when on artificial turf), also marketing needs to be done now, building a fan base, a culture for that team. Also we need sponsors to even get this thing started and a TV deal which would cover the $120,000,000 if that was spent.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">None of that will happen. And as for Beckham, again he is in Miami right now. Clubbing it out, enjoying the post-career. And this is a man who is worth over $200,000,000 right now. He is set. He has even already agreed with MLS to start actively pursuing his team (Miami being one of the places). And Michael Owen has already signed a deal with BT-Sport to do commentary for them next season for Premier League matches. Same with other stars like Owen Hargreaves, and David James. Also when did Raul say that he would leave Al Sadd the place where he makes over $20 Million a year and captains.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">These stars are set. They are done. They will never give up the even better and more luxurious places like the Middle-East, the United States, and China. Specially with the shit Indians and I-League foreigners they would be playing with. No way.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">This league is just a sham, I will say that till the cows come home. This is not how football is ran. Turning this country into a football one is meant to be a gradual process, not one that can be "fixed" with black-money. And you will all see how these fat cats will fall right on there asses after season one. Reality.</font></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    This is no way to put an argument. You have to udge a situation by the current facts not what you think the facts are.<div style="font-weight: normal;">Your argument lines are like this:</div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">Fact: They are spending 600 crores on the league</div><div><b>There is no way they will spend so much and hence blah blah</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div>Fact: They are in the process of getting big marquee players</div><div><b>There is no way they can do that because they are not investing enough money and hence blah blah</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div>Fact: TV deals are the slightest of the problems for Reliance because a tiny-tot like PLS managed to get ESPN deal with them</div><div><b>This is not happening because they are not willing to spend enough and hence blah blah</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div>Clearly the premise of all your arguments is the assumption that Reliance is spending $1000 to run the league and hence its an invalid argument or fallacy. Because the current fact as we know it is that they are spending 120 million USD to create a major football product in India which would truly rival its counterpart in Cricket. This amount may change in the future but that is not a current fact.</div>
  • kali007kali007 0 Points
    <span style="font-weight: normal;">"They </span><b>ARE </b>spending 600 crores on the league". Please show me this fact.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">You think they actually mean it? Are you blind? I am sorry Somesh, I am usually in agreement with you and yes my arguments are shit (I actually do mean it) but I am confident about one thing: This won't change shit. This won't change the quality of the football in India. This won't change the fan population for Indian football. This won't change the infrastructure. This won't even fix the damn changing rooms.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And you know what really pisses me off about this. The fact that you and everyone else actually believe Reliance right now. I remember when they came into the Indian football foray back around 2011 and they came in with the promise of a better tomorrow for Indian football. A better I-League, with lots of investment, better players, better stadiums, better marketing. And this was to be all structured around the I-League.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Two years later and here we are. Nothing has changed except for the fact that we have reverted the I-League back to the old NFL days of the 1996-97 season. And now IMG have come up, in obvious desperation to regain the money they are going to spend to the AIFF, with a plan to form a messed up IMG-League which contains players who many people agree lack the basic skill set of real professionals (well, I digress but you know what I mean) and many random foreigners no one has ever heard of. Marquee players? Who? The best ones will go elsewhere. You think money is the biggest factor to those guys? Beckham has a fortune worth $200,000,000 and is still ranking it in every day. He did not even get payed while with PSG, he gave it to charity.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If you guys actually think that something like this will work then you guys are wrong. Indian football needs to be improved <b>gradually</b>. Improve the I-League slowly, gather ideas from the I-League owners themselves. I know that the AIFF say that they are losing money from the I-League but so are the I-League owners themselves. MEET. You are all in the same boat. We need a proper football league and a proper footballing system. Not quick money-making gimmicks. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Those will not benefit Indian football, they will benefit the pockets of Mukesh Ambani.</font></div>
    IMG-Reliance ask for a ‘loan window’ to be created at the end of their tournament

This discussion has been closed.