Bengaluru FC Season 2013-14

Comments

• CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @ArsenalFan700

I agree that Indian football clubs such as Bengaluru FC have a long way to go and beat top club teams in Asia. But I do hope they have some kind of strategy such as consulting top european clubs or improving the skills of Bengaluru FC players. Ashley Westwood used to play in English Premier League. Maybe he has got some EPL friends who can come and help him in Bangalore. 

India should be the best football nation all over the world.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points

Bengaluru FC courtesy their win, will bag a prize money of Rs. 70 lakhs. The runners up of the seventh Airtel I-League are supposed to get Rs. 35 lakhs while the third and fourth placed teams are to get richer by Rs. 20 and 15 lakhs respectively.(AIFF.COM)

What was last year ???

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29700 Points
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    If India wins the bid for 2015-16 FIFA Club World Cup then it will be a huge advantage for I-league clubs to earn more money in millions of dollars.
  • shakkeerKMshakkeerKM 1324 Points
    i heard that bfc will tour to Europe.Hope this is true
  • BFC should not try to do too much, it should be just not be about winning on the field!

IMO, "Making 500 fans traveling to see their team play to a city 500 kms away" is bigger success for BFC than "Winning the league title"!

We should settle down as a club, we should try to increase the popularity even more. Now, they're building a new stadium (which is gonna have abt 25000 capacity). We should get 20000-25000 for every home match when stadium works get finished! Yes it's definitely possible given that Bangalore's population is 1 Crore! Definetly we can get those numbers!

We should create the football culture in the city, 'My Club, My Identity' !

If we do this, the success on the field will automatically come. Better attendance = good media coverage = sponsors = good profits = on field success!

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    First of all congrats to BFC and their fans for their vocal support.

@chelseaindia the problem is the quality improves with improvement in opponent... currently BFC popularity alone cant guarantee the quality and viewership for i-league... Others need 2 chip in as well...
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited April 2014
    @chelseaindia

Stadium completion will take 2-3 years. Till then BFC will play at Sree Kanthareeva Stadium. It easily has capacity of 25000 plus Floodlights.

@Cybertron BFC has qualified for AFC Cup for sure. Not sure about AFC Champions Legaue as its qualification process is very tough 3 levels of qualification and BFC can clear that- I doubt that!!!! . Japanese and korean clubs play in Champions League. Lets focus on AFC Cup first.
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    I posted this on FB so I'll post it here, too:

Well done, Bengaluru FC. You did it. You wrote some historic Indian football history. Congratulations.

Sadly, even though Asian football is on the rise. Most care about European football. Those who DO care about Asian, tend to go after Japan, Korea, Australia and China -- East Asia. Many care just for East Asia and don't care for West Asia.

But I do. And that's why I'll remember this forever. BFC came and conquered India.