SAFF CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 General Discussions

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    personally I find Karanjit technically good and calm,..does his jod without much fuss...i do understand that he will never pull off some saves Subrata can do, but I find Karanjit more reliable...
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    i guess memory is shortlived for fans here. if ur commenting on subrata being fallible i guess u wouldnt have seen nandy in full flow. he couldnt even catch baloons if you throw at him!! this guy won the i-league.
    The mistakes of subrata are easily comparable to other goalkeepers internationally. he is still the best we got.
    however he seriously needs a kick in the butt to perform in domestic level if his place is.guranteed. the same goes for all NT talent pool. forget playing in the reserves or giving trials abroad. get ur damn heads down and win domestic honours for u to be taken seriously.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited September 2013
    Arindam looked best few years ago with great potential but again off field antic dint help him. Still he's young can get back to where he belongs and think he can ,choose him in my fantasy league too lol
    Abhra Mondal is not bad too domestically he was consistent.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    dx7778 wrote: »
    i guess memory is shortlived for fans here. if ur commenting on subrata being fallible i guess u wouldnt have seen nandy in full flow. he couldnt even catch baloons if you throw at him!! this guy won the i-league.
    The mistakes of subrata are easily comparable to other goalkeepers internationally. he is still the best we got.
    however he seriously needs a kick in the butt to perform in domestic level if his place is.guranteed. the same goes for all NT talent pool. forget playing in the reserves or giving trials abroad. get ur damn heads down and win domestic honours for u to be taken seriously.

<br><div><br></div><div>no one suggested Nandy in the last few comments...</div><div><br></div><div>ok the fans are shit in assessment.....but why would his club coach ignore the best in the business? esp. one of the highest paid member in the squad?</div>
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    no but Nandy has been often lauded "Nandy > Subrata" due to the league positions. Bruno was okay but never as good as spiderman when they both gave it 100%
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <span style="font-weight: normal;">
    weka wrote: »
    no but Nandy has been often lauded "Nandy > Subrata" due to the league positions. </span><b>Bruno was okay but never as good as spiderman when they both gave it 100%</b>

<br><div><br></div><div>Try looking at Bruno's matches with Sporting Goa again. The difference is huge.</div>
  • StrikerStriker 107 Points
    All afghanistan national team players and staff were awarded with a 2 room apartment by the president Hamid Karzai. Yousaf Kargar the national coach was awarded a 5 bedroom flat. Also all the rich people of afghanistan have made a donation box for the AFF and national team players with is flooding with money right now. Ill keep you guys posted in the end how much money was raised. This makes me happy because afghanistan is a poor country and the AFF is a poor federation, with a more wealthy Federation like India's maybe we can set up academies and clubs for the youth, have better infrastructure, and maybe host tournaments in later times.
    Indian federation is not really rich lol Nepal is ahead of us.
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    <span style="font-weight: normal;">
    weka wrote: »
    no but Nandy has been often lauded "Nandy > Subrata" due to the league positions. </span><b>Bruno was okay but never as good as spiderman when they both gave it 100%</b>

<br><div><br></div><div>Try looking at Bruno's matches with Sporting Goa again. The difference is huge.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Bruno Colaço? Yes, he had some good matches... but only played 11 league matches for Sporting Goa. He definitely has potential for becoming the NT gk after this current generation of GKs retire...</div><div><br></div><div>If the difference was "huge", maybe Wim would have noticed.</div>