India in Asean region

harry191harry191 89 Points
edited August 2013 in Indian Football Team
<P> </P>
<P>how difficult/easy it would be for india to move int asean region instead of this stupid SAFF region.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Look at how australia has improved by moving into asia/</P>
<P> </P>
<P>By moving into asean region we would be facing malaysia,idonesia,thailand,singaporre,vietnam,phillipines.myanmar every alternate year.</P>
<P>i know aff suzuki cup is classic and i am sure india would improve playing against these nations instead of nepal,pakistan,maldives,bhutan,srilanka etc.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>comments guys</P>
<P> </P>

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Why so much space <br> ;;)
  • harry191harry191 89 Points
    ashindia wrote: »
    Why so much space <BR>;;)
    Looks like the indian defence,rite ??? hahah,sorry editing issues<BR>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    I once stgerted that and everybody(almost) came crashing down on me saying ' Its Impossible'
    <P>
    Joyptan wrote: »
    I once stgerted that and everybody(almost) came crashing down on me saying ' Its Impossible'
    <BR>if aussies can do why cant we i mean they have changed thier footballing continent, we just need to remain in a different confederation in the same continent.</P>
    <P>imagine india vs thailand,malaysia,indonesia,singapore,myanmmar playing every 2 years .</P>
    <P>so easliy we would be getting the required dose of international friendlies and that to decent quality opposition,which will help india atleast start competing with these nations ,before they look for the gulf nations and finally iran,s korea,australia,japan,uzbekistan.</P>
    <P>india is currenlty 2nd last groups. just above bhutan,timor lesete,srilanka etc.</P>
    <P>we need to serioulsy think of this. regular healthy competion will automatically improve our teams.</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P> </P>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Boys the reason aussies have changed it is because as per world cup qualification rules, the winner of that region used to play the 3th or 4th of either Asia or South america to qualify. always thought that was the reason.
    However in our case SAFF itself is 8 countries strong and makes sense to have these SAFF games on a regular basis. Playing against West asia or asean countries can be done if you play your friendlies in FIFA match days.
    dx7778 wrote: »
    Boys the reason aussies have changed it is because as per world cup qualification rules, the winner of that region used to play the 3th or 4th of either Asia or South america to qualify. always thought that was the reason. However in our case SAFF itself is 8 countries strong and makes sense to have these SAFF games on a regular basis. Playing against West asia or asean countries can be done if you play your friendlies in FIFA match days.
    can you ellaborate please<BR>
  • samsam 16428 Points
    We must play regular friendlies against ASEAN nations. However, I am not of the opinion to shift to ASEAN. 
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    India cannot leave SAFF (even if it is only for football) due to diplomatic regions. Probably India is the only country (and to some extent Pak) that makes SAFF relevant to the world. There would be huge pressure from the neighbours if we take ts step. Also, the AIFF will never have balls to take such strong steps
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    namewtheld wrote: »
    India cannot leave SAFF (even if it is only for football) due to diplomatic regions. Probably India is the only country (and to some extent Pak) that makes SAFF relevant to the world. There would be huge pressure from the neighbours if we take ts step. Also, the AIFF will never have balls to take such strong steps

<br><br>agree<br>