2013-14 I-League Round 9: Rise of the Indians!

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree. That is a weakness of football fans in general. I remember when we all went so hot on Sampath Kuttimani after a had a couple good months with Mumbai. Not only did we want call-ups for him but we also wanted him to start for India! Now look at where he is? He does not even show on the bench for Bengaluru (however that could be due to an injury or something). He did nothing last season with Mumbai. A call-up would have been a mistake.<div><br></div><div>Same with Gabriel Fernandes and his early season form with Mumbai last season. He is good but not national team good. At least CK Vineeth has been consistent for the last 2 and a half seasons.</div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Sampath Kutty Mani has been unlucky with ankle and knee injuries the past season , should be back playing in as month.<div>Speaking of former Mumbai FC players at BFC ... the left back Keegan Pereira is rumoured to be getting a call up to the camp from Wim Koevermans this time.</div><div>Mohanraj poor performance and lack of I-League action is probably one of the reasons....as Wim struggles to fill this position .</div><div>If Robert Lathlamuana can recapture the form he exhibited at Churchill Brothers 4 seasons ago , he could also be a good option... </div>
    That explains it. Sucks as he really is a decent player at this level.<div><br></div><div>As for the left-back situation, why not Gurjinder Kumar of Pune FC? Last I checked he is a left-back and he has played and started in every match for them so far this season. And this is with a defense that has only given away 3 goals this season. Only reason I could see Wim not calling him up is if Kumar is not playing left-back this season or if their is some attitude problems (which I would suspect Mike Snoei to deal with anyway).</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, Wim was in Bangalore for when they played Dempo so not surprised really he is interested in Keegan.</div>
  • my friends or admn please start a seperate thread consist of i league match videos only.it is very beneficial for us...all match highlts in a thread that is great.
  • i hav lots of hope on gabriel fernands last seasn wt mumbai...he was fast.clevr,smart etc.he done a great idiotic by joing dempo wr he is always in bench....if he stayin mumbai he is the key playr.same wt jeje,..mumbai,pune,shillong r the clubs who depend mainly on indians.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Papas prefers his 3rd grade foreign striker instead of locals. He should follow Derrick , and bench all non performing players whether foreign or not.
    Domnic wrote: »
    Papas prefers his 3rd grade foreign striker instead of locals. He should follow Derrick , and bench all non performing players whether foreign or not.

<br><div><br></div><div>Come on, Mehmet is not useless. This is the same guy who only back during the 2011-12 A-League season scored around 7 goals (which is good by I-League standards). Give the guy some more time. Dempo is a different squad from years past with different foreigners, different starters, different coach, and different approach. No need to heckle Papas and his decisions yet.</div><div><br></div><div>And it is not as if Dempo are playing badly. 2 loses, 4 draws, and a victory are normal for teams just coming into a new era (unless you are at the top-top level). You can't expect miracles to happen overnight for Dempo, specially with that attitude. Let Papas do what he can for this season, he will not win the I-League, that was obvious from the start, but let him mold a new Dempo side, one that can perhaps rise up and do better than the Dempo Colaco had.</div><div><br></div><div>It can happen, you just need to back the man. </div>
    keralakid wrote: »
    my friends or admn please start a seperate thread consist of i league match videos only.it is very beneficial for us...all match highlts in a thread that is great.

<br><div><br></div><div>I do not see the need for a thread for match-highlights. There are barely any highlights available on the web anyway apart from like 5 channels on youtube (one being some guy who needs to fix his video-player so highlights stop pausing randomly).</div><div><br></div><div>We will just post them in the Round threads when the rounds are over. It really should not be much trouble to find them that way.</div>
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    <br>
    Domnic wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Come on, Mehmet is not useless. This is the same guy who only back during the 2011-12 A-League season scored around 7 goals (which is good by I-League standards). Give the guy some more time. Dempo is a different squad from years past with different foreigners, different starters, different coach, and different approach. No need to heckle Papas and his decisions yet.</div><div><br></div><div>And it is not as if Dempo are playing badly. 2 loses, 4 draws, and a victory are normal for teams just coming into a new era (unless you are at the top-top level). You can't expect miracles to happen overnight for Dempo, specially with that attitude. Let Papas do what he can for this season, he will not win the I-League, that was obvious from the start, but let him mold a new Dempo side, one that can perhaps rise up and do better than the Dempo Colaco had.</div><div><br></div><div>It can happen, you just need to back the man. </div>

<br>Dempo is current Manchester United of India , both going though transition phase,<br>Only difference is Aramando Colaco was late by a season for leaving Dempo, while SAF was just about right in choosing farewell time.<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    pfc vs bfc... i just hope i get time and be able to make it for the match....
    it should be a good match as both will go for 3 points after recent slump in form