2013-14 I-League Round 14: When The Blues Go Marching In!!!

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Can Dempo enter the guiness book for fielding so many "ON LOAN" players in a proffesional league. Never heard of 4-5 players on loan playing in first eleven.

Also as per reports all foreigners apart from Beto are/will be released.
  • Watford had many more on loan players last season, i think it was 7 or 8.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Watford had many more on loan players last season, i think it was 7 or 8.
    Haha, like 10 man.

And I thought Vitesse in the Netherlands had a lot of loan players.
  • Ya there was a whole debate in England because of it.
    Ya there was a whole debate in England because of it.
    Oh yaaaaaaaaa... now its coming back.... ya, they were close to a whole maximum loan rule because of it. Crazy stuff.
    But those clubs are not 5 time champions in last 8 years. Dempo have made a mess of this season.
  • Didn't Dempo have a lot of older players that left the club? just asking?
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Lajong in 3rd place, that's something.Atleast Cornell Glenn is helping them come up the table where are the other strikers in the league,there are lots of draws these days.
    Didn't Dempo have a lot of older players that left the club? just asking?
    I would not say they were all older, they were just part of a core, Goan group. Rowilson Rodrigues, Joaquim Abranches, Anthony Pereira, Valeriano Rebello, Climax Lawrence, Nicolau Borges were all regulars last season for Dempo. Same to some extent for Marcus Peixoto.

They also lost some average but influential foreigners in Ryuji Sueoka, Koko Sakibo, and Johnny Menyongar. Again, these were not the best foreigners but when they played they had a pretty good impact.

The guys who Dempo brought in this season have not exactly done that yet. Beto has been a good signing so far while Billy Mehmet, Simon Colosimo, and Shinnosuke Honda have played way below expectations. Gabriel Fernandes is never seen for Dempo meanwhile while Jewel Raja has been average at best. Same with Jeje Lalpekhlua.

The Pailan boys have also not shown yet. You can tell that these are young guys who have barely played in a professional environment and that they have not played competitivly much since May. Holicharan is still not ready to lead the attack. Alwyn George has played below where he should play. While guys like Prabir Das, Pronay Holder, and Narayan Das have just... really been on the field and do nothing of note.

Right now Dempo need to focus on the following: 1) Focus on trying to do well in the Federation Cup. 2) Survive this season and get into mid-table. and 3) Plan for next season.

Also the president needs to make some important decisions. Is Papas the right man to lead Dempo? Does he want to lead Dempo? Does he care anymore? Can he do the job? And is Beto causing a conflict? If so, what do you do? Also, the fans, they want more Goan players (apparently). How do I do that? How do I deal with this?

So many questions.
    Didn't Dempo have a lot of older players that left the club? just asking?
    That idiot Papas released a lot of goan players although they were still good due to his ego problems and arrogant behaviour. And now he has no players in the centre back position.