Indian Football Transfer News, Rumors and Gossips 2014-15

Comments

• bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    Kotal deserved that place rather than Mathani but again its a marketing stategy nothing to say. Lets see who gets game time in the second tier
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    still this transfer news is not reported in Indian media...
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Anyway, at least ISL helping guys fulfilling their European dreams.
    From next year,many such tie ups might be there benefitting young Indian Talents.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    FC Pune City sends two of its players on loan to Portuguese club Vitoria de Guimaraes

We have entered into an agreement with Portuguese top flight club, Vitoria de Guimaraes to loan two of our players to the Portuguese club’s B team until 30th June 2015. Israil Gurung (25) and Manish Maithani (27) thus become the first players from ISL to get an opportunity to play with a prestigious football club in Europe.

Maithani is a central midfielder, who represented India in 2012. Gurung played an important role for FC Pune City putting in consistent performance on the wing. Both the players are expected to join the Portuguese team within a week. Vitoria de Guimaraes is currently fourth in the Portugal League and is also in contention for European spots for the next season. It is a top contender to the title of fourth best supported club in Portugal.

Mr. Gaurav Modwel, CEO of FC Pune City said, “Until now, the gates for Indian footballers to ply their trade in foreign leagues had not opened. This scenario has changed considerably with the ISL revolution. For starters, the league is being telecast across the world, providing a window to managers and technical staff of global clubs and football scouts to witness firsthand Indian players’ talent. FC Pune City currently has a partnership with Italian Club Fiorentina and is now reaching out to other clubs in foreign leagues for exchange of players. This, I believe will further open up newer avenues for Indian footballers.”

“Generally, there is reticence amongst first team managers in the top European Football Leagues to take a young player on loan from India. The management of Vitoria de Guimaraes, with their foresight, has been able to see the potential of young Indian players and their long term contribution to Indian football. I am hopeful to build a strong association with them and regularly exchange players with them,” added Mr. Modwel.

Mr. Hrithik Roshan, who is also a co-owner in the Club felt that it is a moment of great pride for his Club and Indian football that two of its Players are selected by a foreign club. He wished them the best for their stay in Portugal. Mr. Roshan is aware of the vast difference between the two leagues and said that, “You can’t ask for much more than that, but now the boys have to do what they’ve got to do and earn the right to get picked every week, train hard and perform well and then earn the respect of the fellow team members and managers. On behalf of the club and fans, I wish the boys all the best for their stint.”

An ecstatic Manish Maithani said, “It is very rare that an Indian player gets a chance like this and I am grateful to the management of FC Pune City for making this happen. I was getting a lot of offers from other I-league clubs and I chose not to take them and hoped that this deal will go through. Now that it has happened I want to focus on giving my best to the team and contribute to Vitoria whenever I am called upon.”

Israil Gurung too spoke about his excitement and stated, “It will be quite different from what we are used to in India. But, I am sure that with a lot of hard work in training, we will be able to give a good account of ourselves during our time in Portugal. It will be a different culture but I hope to learn a lot from this experience and become a better player.”
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    So, it's a loan deal and they'll be back for the ISL.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Dear Colleagues

We will be calling a press conference as per the details below to make a  special announcement regarding the loan transfer of one of Dempo Sports Club's younger stars.

Date: 6th February 2015
    Time: 17:30 HRS
    Venue: Dempo House 5th Floor, Panjim, Goa

It is about Romeo Fernandes
    ArsenalFan700
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Will Romeo move to Brazil after Norway?????
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Im asking that whether he will move to Norway after his loan stint with Paranese is over
    no he will come back to dempo.
This discussion has been closed.