ASIAN GAMES 2014

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Both mens and women final was against Iran.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Next Asian games they might beat us, not a great performance. Anyway well done, so we manage to retain our 6th spot.

Few more events are there but I don't think countries below us are favourite to win gold there.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    China is favourite in most of event
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I don't think that Iran can beat us if we pick or had picked our best team.
    This wasn't our best team.

In Kabbadi, we already have got a Platform through the league while we are already ahead of the world unlike the Hockey.

Guys like,Anup,Navneet,Jasvir ,Rakesh with Specially Javir weren't upto their best(They are pssed their peak).Some would say he(jasvir) got crucial 2-3 points which turned the tide but actually he was the culprit who got us into this situation.

The most imp thing abt him which i dislike is he laughs like an idiot after getting caught.

New guys like Rahul Chaudhary,Ajay Thakur,Manninder,Surendra Nada,Sandeep Narwal,The guy(Defender from Jaipur who had his mouth protected) are big, powerful and flexible and if they would have played or will play in future they are still way ahead i feel.

Now this should have been India's best ever Performance as  feel there were atleast 5-6 Gold Medals which we should have won but lost out on.These were:-

1)Saurav Ghoshal(Singles)
    2)Men's 25 m Centre Fire Pistol team.(Our team total was 1740 and China's was 1742.IN the last Shot our shooter's(Vijay Kumar shot an 8 and Pemba Tamang shot a 9) otherwise we were leading for Gold with one shot to go.We had more perfect shots so had it been 1742 each we would have won as we had more perfect shots.
    3)Bajrang Wrestling(Score was 4-4 with Bajrang tying the score and winning as he was the last one to score but in the last 20 sec he allowed his opponent to 2 more points with one move)
    4)Another Gold which we should have won was Men's Double Tennis Gold.(We had two pairs in semi's and the one who lost out out in Semi's had 2-3 match points so had they won it would have been an all Indian Final).
    Score in Semi's was 7-6,6-7,9-11 and Final was also close with 7-5,7-6.We had our chances in bothe Matches.
    5)Also,Abhishek Verma in Individual Event(Achery).He was certailny the favorite against The Iranian.He was shooting extraordinarily prior to the Semi Finals and Finals(146,147,148) in Semi's and Final's he shot 143.As it turned in Semi's he got through but in Finals it wasn't good enough.

Now, Coming to the Flag Bearer in the closing Ceremony.I have shortlisted 5 Athletes who could and should be considered:-
    1)Saurav Ghoshal-1 Gold 1 Silver(but i think squash team has returned)
    2)Abhishek Verma-1 Gold 1 Silver(still not the proven enough to lead a contingent)
    3)Yogheshwar Dutt-1 Gold(Can lead but i think he might have returned)
    4)Mary Kom-1 Gold(Has led Indian Contingent in closing Ceremony in 2012 Olympics so other's should get a chance)
    5)Tintu Luka-1 Gold 1 Silver(I personally feel she should be the one as most probably she won't win an
    olympic medal but she has shown great pedigree as an Asian Athlete.)

So Tintu it should be for me.

namewtheldgoalkeeparDomnicarchakmunna219777ashindiaDeb_Ban
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    India has slipped to 8th in the medals Tally behind Thailand and North Korea.They won Gold in Boxing i think.

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Please Consider The "Road to Rio 2016" Thread.
    munna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Who's better than you to start such a thread i would suggest to include some generic title though. Like 'Road to Rio: 2016 Olympics Qualifiers' or something on those lines.
    munna219777
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Cricket! We missed the golds there. Bloody BCCI didn't allowed to send teams.

Since they did this, Govt should withdraw tax exemption of IPL!