2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    he got hero of the match on debut and a goal in his 17 min appearance ....
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    a highly inexperienced youngster scored when his team was loosing ...under pressure ...that's shows fearlessness ..he was 5.5 I think ...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Hero of the Match is usually given to a player who equalizes for his team... not that impressive. And just a goal is not that impressive.

Was he really that standout? This is a guy who only made his debut today after games on the bench.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    I have seen the match and all I can tell you Uttam's performance was decent and the goal was really good, powerful shot after a perfect outside. But miles to go ....
    Just saw the highlights. Very nice goal from Robin Singh. We all give him shit but this season he has improved, can't deny that from him.

The Uttam Rai goal was okay but should not have happened. Lovely touch and awareness to avoid Josh Walker but what the hell was Gurtej Singh doing? He allowed Uttam to much time to place his shot into the back of the net, which, to Rai's credit, was very well placed.

Nice talent.

Alwyn George also had some good chances according to the highlights.
    weka
    And now saw the Mohun Bagan highlights. Love Brandon Fernandes' dribble. Bagan played lovely football.

BARASAT STADIUM CAN REVITALIZE I-LEAGUE IN KOLKATA!!!!!!!! Seriously, fuck the Salt Lake Stadium, games should be played at the Barasat or the Mohun Bagan Ground from now on. The crowds look a lot better and sponsors could be more convinced to come in if they see a great atmosphere.

Only problem I have with Barasat is that I would like to see more effort put into it to make it look presentable. It looks like shit.
    rudra
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Barasat Stadium cannot be used for MB, EB, Md. Sprting games due to law and order concerns. In the past, there have been stone throwing incidents. Okay when MB or EB play team from outside but there have been violence in games involving Churchill brothers and MB at Barasat Stadium.
    But crowd has been good this season and turf as well as Floodlights are fine.
    Exactly. Are we going to let that fear of what happened in the past affect us again?
    munna219777samiam
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think MB will lay an egg during BFC game
    rudraAKB
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points