Bengaluru FC: Season 2 (2014-15)

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    The stadium plans are awaiting Govt approval.
    It is past of a PPP plan ( Public-Private-Partnership) , so there are numerous checks and balances that the BBMP and State Govt have to undertake so that they ensure that JSW don't end up enjoying an unfair advantage.

There is no way they will be able to demolish and rebuild the stadium by the time the U-17 World Cup comes along.
    AR Khaleel ( chairman of I-League and "Godfather" of KSFA) wanst to leave a legacy behind and the new stadium is his way to do so. 
    There is the small matter of FIFA though , they gave millions to build the artificial turf , as well as the FIFA Goal Project 2 Building which houses the JSW-AIFF U15 regional Academy , and now it looks like not only will both be demolished , thus leaving the Academy "homeless"

One solution seems to be shifting the Academy to the JSW Sports complex that is 4 hours outside of Bangalore in Vijaynagar at the JSW Steel plant...
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Okay I will rephrase the question. Has Demolition and reconstruction started??? I think NO. The stadium plans are still awaiting Govt. approval!!!! So India -Pakistan games can be held on this present half broken stadium of KSFA? May be next year I-League games too as sree kanthareeva stadium is also not match fit.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    kantheerava stadium will be ready before September for ISL...BFC will not have to spend much for refurbishment IMG will do it...As of now the only plus for the ISL is these stadium upgradations.Work has already started in Salt Lake stadium I can confirm
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ya, if JSW can get the Bangalore Football Stadium ready on time and make it look amazing then certainly they can get the Kantheerava Stadium done as well.
    @ArsenalFan700 ;  By 2017, JSW neds to get permission, plan approval, demolish the present joke of a stadium, construct new stadium, put Artficial Turf, set up Academy.  Lets hope that they can do it. We have no other option.
    #:-S
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Its very much possible. JSW is one of the biggest conglomerates of INDIA. They have the money,expertise,potential to deal with such big projects. Lets hope it gets done.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29243 Points
    but 1 thing is for sure that they will use jsw steel to built the stadium
    preetam
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    really? what is other company offer steel at cheap price?
    goalkeepar
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Why would they purchase steel if they can get it from their own manufacturing firm. That's idiotic and absurd.
    preetam
    Jindal Group also make Cement. So finally some Cement and Steel will be there at that stadium.
This discussion has been closed.