New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Igor Stimac is actually a terrible choice for me. Guy had a lot of issues and was rude in press at Croatia. His record since then has been terrible. 

Ricky Herbet took New Zealand to World Cup and was unbeaten doesn't make him a good choice.

AIFF are like ISL clubs now. Making decisions based on CV and this might backfire. 

Ericson on other hand looked good for me worked wonders at youth level in Sweden and very flexible in his approach 
    DEFENCE123Deb_BanashindiaBrainFallINDIAkarenesudhakar2050
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Stimac will do well, he's the best candidate. Ericson is a shit coach who doesn't have any senior team experience
    Carbon_14debarghya89goalkeepar
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Indian football needs rude coaches - especially to handle Kushal-Sunanda!
    DEFENCE123dreamerkarenesudhakar2050goalkeeparmunna219777deepu
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    Need to support the new coach..  Hope he is successful.   As long as results come,  style of play won't be questioned..  

Don't know what happened  to assistant coach Venkatesh   

Hope they announce 60 nos probable for training from which he can select his players.  
    munna219777
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    If Igor can give results like Constantine and he also selects the deserved players,  thats what we need now.. If we can get good results against other strong asian countries,  we can always get friendlies against them,  tournaments like kings cup. They will also be ready to participate in intercontinental cup. If we go for a pure possession based football, it will take a long time for us to get good results. I hope there is a clause in the contract of Igor to terminate him if his performance is poor. 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9967 Points
    Just going by name, his appointment is the biggest incident happened in Indian football for a long time. I am impressed by presentation of his list of 36 probables for the NT in the interview itself. It shows his following of Indian football and/ or his study of Indian football in depth.

I just hope he raises the profile of Indian football substantially (though a lot of other factors, including the Fed themselves, are pulling it down -- which wouldn't be in his control).
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    @Dab_Ban can you share the link where he named 36 probable.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    He came with that list of names in the meeting. It has not been publicised. According to Marcus, he said that he has watched ISL & I-League matches and come up with the list
    munna219777goalkeepar
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    From interview what I understood was -

1. The squad list not going to be very different from what Stephen Constipation selected in Asia Cup.

2. Venkatesh and other backroom staff to remain.

3. Playing style also most likely to remain the same.(Defensively organized, attack from wings)
    [Deleted User]gaffertapemunna219777goalkeepar