India vs Pakistan International Football Friendly Match 1

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9263 Points
    This is what Pakistan Coach had to say about the previous match

Mohammad Al-Shamlan (Pakistan coach) ]

Pakistan’s coach, Mohammed Shamlan Mubarak said that he was happy with his team’s performance, and that he looked forward to winning the second game so that the series could finish level.

On not being able to capitalize on the red card, he said, “We made some changes in midfield, but we did not take our opportunities. The squad is quite young and learning, our captain Kaleem Ullah himself was made the captain not very long ago, and he is adapting and learning very well.”

He thanked the AIFF and the Bangalore crowd, saying that this was his first time in India, and he can see that India can develop a good football culture.

When asked about the learnings for the next game, he was quite forthcoming, mentioning, “Our set piece defending needs to be better, and we need to have alternative plans. I am sure we will see an improved performance in the next game.”

His thoughts on the Indian team were quite interesting, as he said, “I saw the Indian team in 2013 in the SAFF Games. I don’t see any new tactics. The team is still very dependent on Chhetri. India need a top no 9, and I don’t think Robin Singh is suited to this type of game, nor does he exhibit great deal of understanding.” At the end, he also added tongue-in-cheek, “The Indian coach has been here for 3 years, while I have been with Pakistan for only 9 months, so I don’t know.”

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    So even opposition coach also know robin is not d man what will take wim to understand this?
    Deb_Ban
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Fair assessment by the Pak coach. Truth has been told
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Mohammad Al-Shamlan for India!!!!
    jees_jose
  • He surely hit the Nail on its Head, Bang on target. 
    Wim, did you read or hear what the Pakistan Coach had to say?!
    I am starting to agree with Rudra that Wim should probably leave all together after the Asian Games.
  • @ArsenalFan700 I thought you were behind Wim and his strategy. Frankly, I am also but losing hope in his slowly. The reality is we just don't have a large pool of talent to choose from and with the limitations he chooses the tested and failures time and again. I really don't know, I feel sometimes sorry for him and at the same time I just hate his tactics.
    I was, mainly only on his rep but based off what @gaffertape has said and looking at his tactics and line-ups I just don't see a man who is dedicated to the job anymore and if he can not even choose his own staff then it's all for nothing.

The money for him would be well spent for the U17 World Cup.
  • Lets see till the Asian games is done, I would still give him chance till the Asian Games. This team is new, will take a bit more time to gel, well having said that, must try out different tactic and line-up (for a change minus Robin). 

Probably we might do well in Asian Games. I will support India and always support India, regardless Wim is doing his job or not doing it.