Gurpreet Singh Sandhu

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Yep... official cup match but against a 3rd tier side.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Doesnt matter, this is a BIG deal!
    ArsenalFan700atuljgspartamunna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Any video available of the match?
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Its 3rd div club away from home 

munna219777
    Highlights of reserve game 2 days ago 3-3

munna219777
    "He [Mande] is a very good goalkeeper, but we are competitors when we are on the pitch. I will show my manager that I'm as good as Mande, and that I deserve a second chance. I would very much like to be Stabæks number one." - Gurpreet Singh Sandhu 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If Gurpreet show that he is good enough to be the #3 for the Ivory Coast then he will be good enough to be the #1 for India!
    goalkeepar
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    Norwegian club Stebaek have already refused offers for Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, the goalkeeper who made history by becoming the first Indian player from the country to play a competitive fixture for a top tier European club.

Sandhu, who was on trial with the club for two months before they decided to sign him, made his debut in the Norwegian Cup against Runar last week - and the clubs sporting director Inge André Olsen is confident that he is destined for bigger things.

"He is improving every day and we think he can be a top goalkeeper in Europe," he told Firstpost.

Olsen is firm that he wants the 23-year-old to stay put: "Some clubs from India have asked to loan him, but we have refused," he said. Gurpreet himself admitted that he would have refused offers from Indian Super League clubs last year too - and it seems that the club and player are on the same page when it comes to choosing what is best for his development.

Olsen also said that there was no doubt regarding Gurpreet's signing because he was a 'talented, hard working boy'.

"I never judge potential signings based on their passports. We signed Gurpreet because we considered him as an exciting prospect that could develop further. I'm really glad we did. There is more to come, and I really enjoy working with him," said Stebaek goalkeeping coach Espen Granli - who was also involved in the development of Omani goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi (who played in the Premier League for Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic).

Gurpreet had earlier spoken of his admiration for Granli - and said he had hoped his coach would have informed about his competitive debut earlier than on the team's journey to face Runar. Granli divulged that even though the news was broken to Gurpreet late, the decision had been made in the build up to the match.

"Me and (manager) Bob Bradley had a dialogue throughout the week. Gurpreet did well in training and deserved the opportunity. I suggested that he could play this cup match and Bob agreed."

With offers being refused and a debut coming at the right time -Gurpreet is at a club that wants him to stay and are ready to give him playing time to convince him that it's the right decision.

http://m.firstpost.com/sports/stebaek-refuse-offers-future-top-goalkeeper-gurpreet-sandhu-2214312.html
    EastBengalPridenamewtheldarchak
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    How much is his pay package at Stebaek FC?