Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @dhritiman7
    That "ghater mora" came to Mohun Bagan Tent ?? Oh no........
    But this time I think his typical idiotic decision of not playing in IFA Shield or Durand Cup will not be hopefully accepted by Tutu & co. because before the election these suckers would want at least a trophy.

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    @ Deb_Ban This time, its not a PR stunt(unfortunately for Debasis & Co.)! One of the VP posts have actually been "sold out" to a business man who is supposedly a Bagan enthusiast and he in turn is putting in the money towards gallery reconstruction (read:placing of bucket chair)! Bagan jokers have said they intend to complete the same before the "MohunBagan Day" (29th July); Bagan intend to play their I League home matches on thier home ground this time. However the quality of the chair looks to be absolutely poor! Srinjoy and Debasish MUST NOT sit on them - for obvious reasons! And I guess the idea also is that now.. these guys wud be gradually phased out..  ;)
    Deb_Banreddevil87namewtheld
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Those chairs can be broken and used as missiles by even a kid. It is a big security hazard instead.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ya, agree with munna. I am happy bucket seats are added but man, someone is going to die.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    @soccerlover, that's great to know. Waiting eagerly to see them playing in that ground in I-league.

Who is this VP by the way?
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    But from what I have heard is that mohun bagan are only adding seats in so called VIP Gallery....so its just a fraction of stadium. But what about the turf guys. No drainage system. No proper dressing rooms.
    @gaffertape People are coming to drop their CVs for ISL. Rest all news is just an excuse.
    @coolgagan Calcutta "Maidan" where all these "Big 3" clubs have their "TENTS" and their stadium is technically under Army control since the days of East India Company, Lord Clive, Siraj-ud-daula and nearby Fort William. I dont know what type of premission is required by them to do any construction. Do they have free hand on those structures?? Maybe some local Kolkata member of this forum, can explain whether there is a lease from Army or they have free hand in construction?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    Maidan is owned by the Defence Ministry. Since the days of East India Company, you are right. It is basically a buffer space between the fort [William] and the city, for security reason. Post-independence, GoI did not want to disturb the situation because of the existence of East Pakistan next door, keeping the provision of space to amass the army there in case of any emergency.

As the open space called the "Maidan" became the traditional city level open space, all kinds of sports activities used to be held there. The tents of the Big 3 and numerous other office/ PSU clubs were allowed on long term lease basis but no permanent structure allowed. So is Eden Gardens, built on a special permission from the Defence Ministry.

MB jokers, few years back, tried to construct concrete galleries without Army permission. The Army halted this, so only a part of it is pucca now (can be checked from Google Map). 

The Big 3 viewed each other as mortal enemies, so there were never a concerted effort to get land from the GoWB when new townships like Salt Lake City and New Town (Rajarhat) were thought of. Now that property prices have skyrocketed, there is minimal chances of relocation.
    munna219777mohammed_87hassan