Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• But travelling cost and lodging and boarding cost? Will that be paid by the organisers too?
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Should be, else why would foreign teams come?
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2015
    Maitree Express goes to Dhaka.
    :P
    Well now times have changed. One expect flights plus luxury Hotels for professional teams.
  • Huh.... Bangladesh FA can arrange for all this shit and our FA cant get a match broadcasted?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    It is surprising that a club like MB can go sponsor-less for such a long period. UB is unable/ reluctant to pay. But MB officials are not in a mood to snap ties with them, except some posturing. Pre-election promises of getting alternative sponsors (and co-sponsors) seem usual blank promises now. More, the officials seem clueless as to solving this problem. They are now selling official positions to bidders to generate players' salaries.

As part of their posturing, they will declare in Delhi today that they can compete in ISL, when they should think of how to manage in I-league itself.

I won't be surprised if this club finds itself in the dustbin of history (and meet other glorious clubs of Maidan like Kumartuli, Dalhousie, Aryans and others there) in the near future.
    munna219777reddevil87deepakc
  • samsam 16512 Points
    Bangladesh FA is not arranging this. 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    A second string MB defeated Kalighat MS 4-1 in CFL yesterday with goals from Katsumi, Azhar, Ram Malik and Pankaj Moula. It is nice to see the younger ones are taking up the responsibility. It seems Azhar and Kean are the finds of this league this year. Hopefully, they will be used in I-league as well.
    AKB
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @Deb_Ban
    Yes, I agree. May be because of Financial issues, Mohun Bagan could not enter in to an year long contract with majority of the players who were instrumental in Winning the I-League. But on the positive side.. a couple of good young players like Kean, Azhar emerged which otherwise would not have happened. With proper encouragement and playing time in the big league when the team will be in a comfortable position, both Kean & Azhar could shine.
    Now the Officials should ensure that the team plays atleast 2 - 3 tournaments like Bangabandhu Cup in Chittagong, Durand Cup, Kalinga Cup etc. so that the players who will be retained for I-League remain match fit. Also a few like Arjun Tudu should be taken on loan so that we have some one who can score goals even if Dudu goes to ISL. Honestly speaking the Sponsorship issue is becoming too much thanks to the worthlessness of the Officials. 
    deepakc
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    There is an active effort by certain quarters so the big two in Kolkata struggle to get sponsors.