Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    You are partially right.

But, as you said, Atletico de Kolkata ceased to exist but it was rechristened to ATK. That ATK was a different club from Mohun Bagan.

Now, since ATK has merged with MB and has ceased to exist, according to you, why should there be two threads, Atletico de Kolkata News" and Mohun Bagan News" since they are one and the same club?

One of the two threads becomes irrelevant in that case.
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    Idk, may be ten years later, this marriage may end in a divorce. Better option, keep it. We have plenty of threads no longer in use already.
    Nagendramunna219777goalkeepardeepak dedha
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    I'm happy MB logo is retained.. need not be a MB fan.. even neutral ones will feel good..

Agree with Samyajit.. no need to close any thread.

May be we can rename this thread to ATK Mohun bagan or can create new one
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    Better to retain the thread...don't think there is any need to create a new thread. We still have threads on Mumbai Tigers and Mumbai FC

My comment,as you can understand, was made in a jocular vein
    munna219777goalkeepar
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Use the Mohun Bagan thread! ;)

Goenka had to swallow the bitter pill posing with the iconic Bagan jersey! That says it all 

RIP ATK
    goalkeeparmunna219777giridharanDeb_Bankartik91
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7107 Points
    Or create a new one . ATK Mohun Bagan
  • athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1090 Points
    Can We Merge the threads also ??

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited July 2020
    Do we know if this is a brand new club or a continuation of Mohun Bagan? So similar to when Mohun Bagan turned into McDowell Mohun Bagan.

Would be great to know for wikipedia.
    munna219777ashindia
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    I saw that you have done edits on the new page.. I would say it is a rebranding but not a new club.. The owners bought stakes in the Mohun Bagan football club and the Club itself is the second majority holder. So its like Vijay Mallya buying stakes in the club. The confusion has arised as the same owners already had a club called ATK and those words have been added to the new name.. Most importantly the club will be playing in AFC tournament based on the eligibility of the Mohun Bagan club itself and the licensing criteria fulfilled by it as Mohun Bagan
    Deb_Bangoalkeeparmunna219777haritrams24Soccerlover
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    It's a new club. ATK and Mohun Bagan football teams cease to exist anymore. If Chelsea and Tottenham merged, then they wouldn't be two different clubs anymore, it will be a new merged entity. 

#macbechemangsho :lol: