India FIFA Ranking

Comments

• Brazil stay on top of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking

• Newly crowned world champions Argentina move to second

• Morocco the year’s highest climbers to 11th

• India stays at 106

• G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    India has to now try and get to 18th in Asia. We need to be in 3rd pot for Asian Cup. We are currently 19th and in pot 4.
    souravindiamunna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    As per Marcus, we will play against stronger opponents in March (away games) and Inter-Continental cup will happen in June.

As FIFA window is falling b/w March 20 & 28, we can expect games against West & Central Asian nations. Hope new covid variant will not destroy the party.
    munna219777indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    G_K said:
    India has to now try and get to 18th in Asia. We need to be in 3rd pot for Asian Cup. We are currently 19th and in pot 4.

when is the Draw for AFC Asian Cup?
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    The official date for the tournament hasn't been announced yet. It's going to be shifted to Jan '24. So the draw may not be anytime soon. Maybe after June.
    munna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    So our Indian Cristiano Ronaldo will have to hold on for one more season for Asia Cup 
    munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10440 Points
    ashindia said:
    So our Indian Cristiano Ronaldo will have to hold on for one more season for Asia Cup 
    Kek. I get he's shit for BFC now but I don't really see anyone else who can replace him for India. Liston, Ashique, Sahal, Manvir are all barely performing well for national team other options are Ishan Pandita, Gurkirat Singh, Kiyan Nasri and Fardin Ali who are doing very bad for their clubs despite getting decent chances. 

Ronaldo had players who can successfully succeed him like Leao, Felix and Ramos. We sadly have no alternative 
    goalkeeparashindiaDeb_BanG_Kindian_goonerspartagiridharan
  • G_K said:
    The official date for the tournament hasn't been announced yet. It's going to be shifted to Jan '24. So the draw may not be anytime soon. Maybe after June.
    it should be held in june july. i don't like football leagues being disrupted in between and clubs don't like it and then begins a tug of war between club an national federation. That's why i am very admanant about a proper footballing calendar.

;indian_gooner

AFC doesn't have choice. Australia & Indonesia withdrew their bids and South Korea bid is just for namesake and only Qatar is willing to host the tournament.

It will not happen in June/July due to following reasons
    1. Summer in Qatar
    2. During the same time, Qatar is participating in 2023 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
    indian_gooner
    edited December 2022
    G_K said:
    Lower ranked nations, Vietnam (96) & Lebanon (100) positions in pot2/pot3 are safe due to their performance in last world cup qualifiers. To be in Pot 3, we should displace either Palestine (93) or Kyrgyzstan (94). Also, Tajikistan (108) & Thailand (111) shouldn't gain more points. Hence, I feel it is not an easy task considering our form. 

Only possibility is, we should invite 2 better ranked CONCACAF nations in Inter-Continental cup and defeat them when they are in jet lag.
    indian_gooner