Mumbai City FC News

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    This stadium must host somewhere around 15k. I don't mind the overall attendance taking a hit. This stadium is in the heart of the city. Will be easily accessible to fans and will be almost full for most of the games. Overall atmosphere will be better. Good decision.

ATK will also have a full stadium this time around. 15-16k fans would accommodate RS stadium at max. ATK attendance would be down by almost 30k. And mumbai 8k. Overall attendance would be down by 5000. If NEUTd can again increase to  30k then we will still average around 22k -23k this season. Decent in my opinion.

Only Delhi has to move to a different stadium or increase their attendance. Empty stadium looks bad. At least the stands in front of the camera must be full. Delhi vs NEUtd in first season had 33k fans. That is the sort of attendance and atmosphere delhi must have. That looked good on camera. Good promotion for the League.
    red_devilamirsid123AshishKaulkartik91atuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    In this case, I do not think the drop in attendance will be bad as long as the percentage of capacity taken up is high. If both ATK and Mumbai City can fill 90% of their stadiums then it is no loss the extra capacity.
    red_devilAshishKaul
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    I agree...DELHI DYNAMOS must use Ambedkar Stadium...Their current home ground is pathetic for football...such a huge gap between the pitch and stands! AND ATTENDANCE DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE...NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE TEAMS TO SETTLE WITH A PERMANENT AND ACCESSIBLE HOME GROUND...LIKE MUMBAI FOOTBALL ARENA,BEING IN THE HEART OF THE CITY WILL ATTRACT MORE EYEBALLS THAN DY PATIL...OUTSIDE THE CITY!
    Carbon_14AshishKaulnamewtheldmohammed_87hassan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Attendance doesn't matter anymore, that's the worst line I have read in a while.
    debarghya89deepakcsanvedjadhav
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    If you read the previous the comments of the thread,that line will sound more rational..try to understand the context in which I wrote so...
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Actually ticket sales hardly bring income more than half of the money generated goes in paying security/taxes stadium etc etc
    Clubs must find an alternative way to bring income

Also match everyday sucks

After a week ISL becomes boring
    munna219777namewtheld
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    In a longer season, I am pretty sure the matches will be held from Friday to Sunday, with double headers on the weekends and an occassional mid week match. 
    AshishKaulmunna219777atuljg
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    So, the percentage of free tickets this season will go down for most teams.... that is a good thing helps build loyalty and connection with the team.
    munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Yep with ATK nd MCFC moving to smaller stadium free tickets are expected to go down 

But i hope clubs dont hike ticket prices a lot as majority of Crowd are students 

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Common.. it will be students from andheri... they can afford some hike in ticket prices... But as ashlesh mentioned, a few initial wins in the league could push the attendance of the fans well in the stadium