ISL 2014 Round 1 Match day thread

Comments

• footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    i missed the 2nd half :(( :((
    anyone know the timming of repeat telecasts?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    Best game I ever seen. Best match till now in ISL.
    munna219777ashindia
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Credit for 1st Goal from Indian must go to Churchill Brothers ...
    munna219777
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Summary of 4th match: Perfect match!!

I am too overwhelmed with excitement right now to actually give a proper summary. :D But still.

FC Goa: 
    Foreign Players: Really good. Pires Best Marque player. (Kept going on and on). Marcelino (a show off, but played ok better than other players in other team) 
    Indian Players: Played nicely gave good account of themselves especially miranda. (Both wings were off today, but can improve)
    Tactics: Good and suits them but too much committed to attacks and leave spaces at back counter attack can hurt them. 
    A good team to watch out good attacking play and playing to their strength. Key aspect is they gave away free kicks at the edge of the box. 

Chennaian FC:
    Foreign Players: Good. Syllvestre and Mandy are key players. Elano good attacking option but needs players around.
    Indian Players: Balwant Singh was really on fire in 1st half after the goal. But needs more composure. Again wing backs needs more grooming. 
    Tactics: Suits the team and played to perfection. 

Others:
    Crowd: Awesome
    Infrastructure: Really good
    Referee Quality: Good

Overall: Really good match. (4.5/5)
    Best Player: Pires
    Best Indian: Balwant
    munna219777ashindiaarchaknamewtheldfootydip
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    total attendance till now 176k
    average 44k
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Goa easily will be the best venue. The perfect capacity with seats close to the field (or best range out of the rest) and it just looks more modern.
    reddevil87munna219777ashindiaDeb_Ban
  • samsam 16430 Points
    One of my friend said that today's game quality=some of the low standard EPL game quality. How many of you will agree? Your opinions?
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    @sam mate that is too much far fetched but I would agree with the fact it was on par with many J-league game.
    archakDeb_Ban
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @goalkeepar We should leave that as Delhi game attendance figures are debatable and controversial. So we cannot calculate average. Goa crowd was awesome and lets enjoy that.
    archakashindia
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Super game. This game really has set the benchmark for ISL. Speed, quality, passing, everything was there. Tempo of the game was high from the very beginning. Fitness levels were fairly good for all of the match. On top of that amazing tactics from both managers. Goa deserved a point though. I was especially impressed with the way Chennaiyin played given they only had 20 days of preparation.  Atmosphere was amazing in the stadium. GOA HAS FINALLY RISEN.

Teams that have immensely impressed me in order are:

Atletico, FC goa, Chennaiyin, Delhi, Pune, NEUtd, Mumbai, Kochi

reddevil87archak