Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Elano Mendoza combination working wonders.
    Mendoza now at 5 goals,let's see if he can reach double figures this year. Elano seems like loosing his midas touch for free kicks.
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    Is Norde really worth 5.5 crore in MB . He is good but definitely not worth that much .
    atuljg
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    edited October 2015
    Love this season Elano shuch better than last year
    so much unselfish
    more a play maker

And Jayesh was impressive much better then Francis and Jairu
    AshishKaulatuljg
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Yeah,most of the free kicks are going into second tiers :P
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29718 Points
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    edited October 2015
    Godwin.... :D.... Can't play football... Jayesh was unlucky today,ChennaiyinFC looks strong until now.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Elano is under pressure with free-kicks. He is still great with his touches, as seen by his display on open play but last season may have just been some really good form on free-kicks.
  • And people wanted Pratesh Shirodkar the "ISL star" to start for the Indian NT. I am not going to castigate him for that single mistake, but he has no presence in any game. The attacking midfielders of the opposition gets behind his team's midfield at will and Pratesh is stood there having absolutely no clue how that happened or what to do.

Mumbai City have a decent back line and good options in attack with Piquionne, Chhetri, Norde, with Subhash, Brandon etc in back up, but all of this is pointless if you don't control the midfield and that is what happened today. Chennaiyin boss games because of their brilliant midfield, and it is not just about the personnel but also the way you set up and play in midfield. We see the same with ATK and their midfield; both teams have that something extra and that is in the midfield which dictates games.

Individually, I think we want to see the Indian players trying to assert themselves and the senior household names of Indian football struggled - Sunil, Subrata to name two. I find Subrata's dives annoying. All the saves he made today were regulation saves you expect any half decent 'keeper to make but he dives AFTER the saves to make it look more impressive. I am glad Gurpreet has now been recognized as the better 'keeper for the NT at long last. Chhetri struggled because Mumbai have no midfield. Put him in Chenaiyin or ATK and he will shine. Special mention to Chuantea who was excellent and wasn't bogged down by Thoi's energy and pressing, and got forward well. I encourage him to do that even if his final ball maybe lacking at times. Sony Norde is a ball hog and doesn't pass when a pass is on, Piquionne doesn't want to pass until it's too late and Pratesh in midfield are Mumbai's problems. Jayesh continues to impress and he seems to be another one of those players who are not scared to express themselves on the pitch and that is encouraging. If Mendoza and Elano don't burn out, Chennaiyin will find that a spot in the semi finals is just a formality for them.
    ArsenalFan700spartakartik91atuljgProud_Madridsta
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Knights of Punjab FC?
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    @Ashlesh are u implying Nita's primetime show is scripted?