Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Indian national team players excluded.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Some of National team players in auction others might be already retained....with retained and auction list in consideration. ...

Loads of these will be unemployed in a few months
    souravindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    I dont see any Aizawl FC players for ISL Draft. They will have a fresh team then for next I-League.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3679 Points

this kind of scheduling with 2 different tournaments throughout the year and different teams playing would mean a lot of footballers going out of scope. in essence it means that there would be so many players who would be out of match practice 50% of the year.

Will these fringe players attract good deals with either clubs or franchises? only time will tell. But this is going to have a rippling effect in Indian football with many players fizzing out

It is absolute stupidity to have 2 separate entities with 100% different teams playing these 2 entities and bifurcating the football calendar into 2.

While ISL itself might have many good possibilities, this is one area I am really concerned about

reddevil87archak
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Many unknown Indians might shine at ISL and get better contracts for ileague
    munna219777fox
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    did I miss sunil chhetri? 80 lakh
    Maddie
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Karanjit Singh has not recovered from his injury he sustained in December.
    he tore his adductor longus and hasn't had surgery...which has led to it healing improperly.

Whilst he can move about freely...he can't take goal kicks and will struggle to sprint. ..

I'd be surprised he passed a medical at ISL....unless those too are a sham.

Would be a massive gamble if a team were to pick him up in the auction...
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29743 Points
    he can be OK as reserve gk
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    karanjit not healed even after 6 months ....
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    edited June 2015
    It is a chronic problem. Rare though. Adductor longus should heal between 6-12 weeks ( non surgical - surgical ) . I don't know his degree of injury but gaffer one thing I want to mention that recent studies has shown that non surgical treatment efficacy is almost similar to surgical approach for hip adductors. There is a term PRICE ( Protection + Rest + Ice + Compression + Elevation ) for acute stage with few days to a week rest, then gradual rehabilitation and adductor strengthening exercise. Too much hurried start of all sort of training, hip stretch can cause improper healing and that will result in chronic pain during adduction.
    Adduction means a movement which tends to bring a part towards body axis.
    Adductor longus is a hip joint adductor muscle, which helps during long kicking a ball (/both hip flexion and adduction movement )
    foxnamewtheldreddevil87munna219777coolgagannikhilarchaksilicon3