Indian Football Team Selector

2»

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree with @gaffertape, we can not really use the Indian Super League as the main indicator of whether a player should be in the national team or not. As we saw from the Federation Cup, there is a difference between playing in the ISL where you are under a "competent" coach and playing with good foreigners and playing in the Federation Cup where the coaching is, meh, and the foreigners are, meh, as well.

It clearly showed.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Well, u must read the introduction then. He also says based on I league performances. Not just ISL. So its justified.

Secondly, National team may not play until June/July. So selecting players like Narayan or Karanjit may not be that bad. Although next arguement would be that they have not played recently. Btw, Karanjit is expected to return by Feb end.
    goalkeepar
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Won't we play in march

The guy admitted to barely following the I-League... with all due respect, this was squarely on ISL performance.

@mohammed_87hassan Most likely no :( Lets just focus on getting a coach and finish the 2014-15 club season strong and get some summer friendlies going.
    mohammed_87hassan
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Its obvious looking at his team that it is based on the ISL performances, with Chettri as the cherry. And Anwar Ali in the team means that he has not even watched Mohun Bagan in the fed cup. :P
    karenesudhakar2050
    edited January 2015
    Exactly! And that is the difference. The difference between Anwar Ali under a competent coach with good foreign teammates (and a good keeper behind him) and Anwar Ali under bloody Sanjoy Sen with some rubbish foreign teammates with lesser facilities.

The latter version of Anwar Ali will be on display for India because India will be playing under an okay coach in Stephen, no foreign teammates to help him not mess up, and the facilities will be slightly better/equal to that of the I-League.

The ISL is a nice place for younger players like Sandesh Jhingan and Romeo Fernandes to improve their game but they were already established I-League players. The ISL can not be used to find other players for the national team until a time when the India national team is given a proper coach who can use the right facilities. The difference is just night and day!