The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    edited May 2018
    For those who think SC is the reason for the unattractive way we play, let me assure you mediocre players attract mediocre coaches and will result in percentage hoofball game.

The entire side I would say only Sunil can play at decent level ie., League one level rest are non league standard including Gurpreet who would be only league 2 standard.

Please stop the nonsense of saying a top coach can change us from a kick it and head it football to a passing attractive side.

Change has to be done at grassroot and at youth level, at the least we have the u-16, u-17 teams to work with.

Bring a top coach there. Put your hopes on the age groups hoping there would be a batch or a combination of players who will make it to the top. Indications are there but we need to qualify consistently to the youth wc.
    Deb_Banmunna219777BrainFallINDIAindian_gooneratuljgnamewtheldsparta
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    @DX I agree with you partially, but the biggest problem with SC is not his coaching strategy, its his team selection and the bias towards same set of less deserving players.
    goalkeeparsouravindiamunna219777deepak dedhakartik91thebeautifulgameindian_gooneratuljgsparta
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29243 Points
    No coach can change india, problem with SC is his bias team selection. He is not choosing the best players we have currently without our best players we have no hope in Asian cup.
    souravindiaashindiamunna219777indian_gooneratuljg
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    Yes that's what I meant. I never expect India to play Barcelona brand of football. But I expect the best players to be on the pitch and I want a coach who follows and picks footballers based on Domestic Season.
    SC is just biased and neglects a lot of players because of his whims.
    goalkeepardeepumunna219777BrainFallINDIAindian_goonertrojanatuljgsparta
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    What the hell is this  League One and league two comparision?  Are we forgetting that we bring in League two players as foreign recruits?
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Which country do you think Constantine will coach after AFC cup ?  (I have an innocent assumption that he will leave India after AFC cup)
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Malaysia will suit him . 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Club Football is too hectic and cumbersome for him. He has a second job as FIFA instructor too. Most probably some Academy in United States plus his FIFA Instructor position while waiting for any NT appointment.
    Carbon_14shibier
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Damn care , let him go where ever he want. 
    ashindiaRonnymunna219777deepu