2014-15 I-League Round 22: What A Season

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    the mohun bagan stand (lower west B) was full of emotions. at half time people were so depressed, I saw a guy crying. Katsumi pumped up the crowd at the halt time, a real leader. played with immense energy, was tackled hard from the beginning yet when on and on, his crosses today were not the best though.
    you should have seen what happened in the stand when MB equalised, it was as if a curse was finally removed. i mean with norde hitting the crossbar, balwant missing easiest of the goals ridiculously, and a number of misses in the second half all most felt like 'can we ever win this'? and then came the goal from an unexpected source!

we stayed long after the game, did what we kolkattans love doing, pitch invasion! I thing someone got hurt maybe broke a bone, and Sanjay Sen lifted him up and took him to the ambulance, what an gesture! there were fans from mumbai, pune, kolkata, kerala, delhi and of course bangalore. for me it was the greatest moment as a fan, more than the result, the environment. to top in up, there was rain, and lightening to add to the drama. fan club in bangalore had already printed jerseys saying 'champion' with mohun bagan and fan club logos. as soon as the game ended we were ready with the champion jerseys :)
    ArsenalFan700munna219777AKBmohammed_87hassanRonnyshibierreddevil87shankarkuldeep007
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @rudra da didn't visit the team hotel?
    mohammed_87hassan
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    By the way Ashley complaining about that penalty call on Robin ... Glen also posted in FB that it was penalty ! but MMB deserves some lucky after those misses
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @archak no i didn't. enjoy following the team as a common fan, don't like getting into complexities of fan clubs and all. I think some the players in MB who knew me, didn't even knew I am a MB fan :)

we celebrated in our own way, treating ourselves with some good food :) 
    archakmohammed_87hassandhritiman7reddevil87
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Mohun Bagan clinch maiden I-League title

m.rediff.com/sports/report/mohun-bagan-clinch-maiden-i-league-title/20150601.htm

League title in 13 years after managing a 1-1 draw
    against defending champions Bengaluru FC at Kanteerva
    Stadium in Bengaluru.
    Bello Rasaq scored the equaliser to give Bagan (39) the
    much-needed point and pocket their fourth national
    title. The title also ended their five-year trophy drought.
    Ironically it was Nigeria's Abdul Saliu, who scored the
    winning goal for Bagan in the 2001-02 National Football
    League title, and this time too, a Nigerian in Rasaq
    scored the much-needed goal.
    anybody have pic of twitter trend ? when it was trending on top 
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    why a msg was repeated thrice .....dempo won the title thrice not bfc or mb ....