I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    its not journo but those who take care of the web portal
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @munna219777 That is not what I meant at all. I meant that a lot of the arguments people make, like about not having a lot of locals on the team (seriously guys, if they're Indian, its fine)... it was season one! Let things develop.

As for Bengaluru FC. These ISL team probably spent a lot more than Bengaluru FC did their first season.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    I like that line from Parth Jindal, "If I have 35-40 crores, would  I spend it on setting up a youth system or a 3 month tournament?" Sums it up for me, thank you!

JIndal is also promoting his business which is in the I-League, not the ISL. He is meant to say what he does. He tried to get into the ISL last season and if JSW have interest in the IPL then you can be certain they have interest in the ISL as well.
    atuljg
    BTW, lets look at quotes from players: Mohammed Rafi gave his opinion here:

First he praised the I-League for getting him where he is today: "A lot of people scoffed at me then for turning down an offer for a permanent job in Kerala. But I became an international only because I played well in the I League and I am proud of what I have achieved,’’ said Rafi, who in 2009-10 scored 14 goals which was highest ever by an Indian striker in the I league."

But then he praises the ISL, even saying that if it started ~10 years ago things would be a lot better: The ISL schedule may be hectic but the quality of football on view was world class. I learnt a lot by observing world class foreign players, how they practiced and prepared for games. They were very supportive, encouraged and even challenged us to outmatch them during practice sessions. It was a good learning process,’’ said Rafi.

“Personally for me I feel ISL came a bit late. Had it happened 10 years ago, by now it would have changed Indian football. But I still think ISL is the best thing to have happened to Indian football in recent times.

“It is still a great opportunity for the next generation to carry Indian football forward through ISL. The huge crowds in the stadiums during the ISL matches are signs that football is alive and kicking in this country,’’ said the striker.

I mean, the cynic would probably say that he is forced to say these things but foreigners have said the same things but again, the cynic in everyone would say these foreigners don't know the reality of Indian football. Point, a lot of cynical people on IFN.
    atuljgfox
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    let me see how much money will they spend in ISL for how long when there is no returns!!!
    Well we won't see that for a while... won't we? They should know they have much chance to get money back for at least 5 years and the same is true for the I-League where you probably will never get money back.... even Premier League clubs lose money.
    DX
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Just few days before judgement day Arnold will come to India without any cloths and snatch Abhijit Mondal's full pant. 
    mohammed_87hassanatuljgreddevil87munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Its really sad that country like India has only 2 league :(

We should start another league called Indian Football League IFL with teams from Punjab UP Hyderabad Uttarkand Mizoram and Pune also deserves club in this league due to there high fan base

It must be held from June to September and Players must be selected from Lot system

BCCI should start this league
    reddevil87gopiajeesh
    June to September? You mean monsoon season.