SAFF News

Comments

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    the best option would be to invite teams from other federations to make SAFF Championship an 8 team tournament as @Nagendra suggested.
    Nagendradhritiman7munna219777indian_goonersouravindia
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

BFF’s competition officer, Kinley Dorji, said: “We felt that such a format would increase the number of matches for players and fulfil FIFA’s mandate.”

In the past, the five best teams from the BPL used to get an automatic place in the league. They used to play only 18 matches.

With the new format, teams that qualify for the BPL Championship will play around 30 games. The format is expected to help players improve their skills and exposure as the number of matches has been increased.

Bhutan Premier League to be more inclusive from this year – Kuensel Online
    giridharanindian_gooner
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Bhutan is also taking steps. Whislt its easy to organize in a small country but still they are atleast moving in some direction unlike ours.

giridharanindian_gooner
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3411 Points
    Close to 45 teams from Thimphu, Paro, Punakha and Sarpang are participating in the dzongkhag championship at present. Eleven teams are from Thimphu.
    . “Clubs will get to play more matches. The top teams will be playing each other four times as compared to only twice in the previous format.”

isn't that boring, should they split the teams into two leagues with 22/23 teams. in this way they will have a proper league.
    deepu
  • Lord_PessiLord_Pessi Bengaluru548 Points
    edited May 2021
    I am seeing comments that we should our B team to SAFF .
    I don't know how people conviniently forget the fact that we amost lost to bangladesh in this qualifiers and Bengaluru fc got knocked out of last afc cup by a maldives club.Chennayin fc failed to even qualify out of the group from afc cup .
    Even Nepal is a good side and there is no guarentee we will beat them everytime . And then there is unpredictable pakistan , who can beat a strong team and also can lose against a weakest team.

I belive we used to be strong and unbeatable before and not anymore . Other teams in the region are growing in the sport faster than us . 
    munna219777G_Kashindiadhritiman7kartik91indian_goonergiridharandeepu
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3411 Points
    ok . for everyone's developmnet, what about merrging with CAFA. it would be win win situation for all as CAFA doesn't have enough number of teams.
    Deb_Ban
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited May 2021
    Plan for any zone needs to be ratified by AFC Congress.
    Geography is one reason behind such zones.
    I do not think Uzbekistan or Iran are excited about entering a same zone as Sri Lanka or Bhutan !!!!
    They do not play Football for Charity
    giridharanRonnyDeb_Banindian_goonerdhritiman7ashindiakartik91
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    And India should not play football for charity too.  
    munna219777
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Ironically, we see plenty of CAFA players plying their trade in SAFF leagues, but not the other way round. There's a mentality issue with SAFF players that has nothing to do with geography.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Ali Ashfaq  did go to Malaysia I think for 2 -3 seasons. He was a brilliant player . Deserved lot more in his Prime.

ashindiagiridharanindian_gooner