I-League 2015-16 | General Discussions

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree with @archak here. When Ashley Westwood came in the work began when? August/September, went on till May and maybe later depending on whatever other work Westwood did with Bengaluru FC in the first season, now the season practically goes from January to April/May (December a bit).

He basically went from 9-10 months of work to just 4-5. (State league does not count) And he also has ISL stuff. And if it was an ISL thing, since it is a reduced salary I would bet there is nothing remotely complete on the ISL end for Bengaluru FC.
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    Congrats to Bengaluru FC. All credits should go to coach and team.

Ashley Westwood should be given another contract by JSW. He had a vision. He wanted Bengaluru FC to be comparable to premier league clubs such as Manchester United. Instead they want to cut his salary which is frustrating altogether.

Right now JSW should think about future strategy such as how to reach finals of AFC Champions league and winning AFC Cup. They should also think about beating Dempo's record of winning I league thrice.

If JSW has financial problems then they should sell the club to other big companies in India such as Tatas, Ambanis etc.
    gaffertape7negideepakcmunna219777sanvedjadhavEastBengalPridekartik91
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited April 2016
    Now that Bengaluru FC have qualified for 2017 AFC Champions league what strategy do they require to counter Al Ahli FC, FC Seoul or Gamba Osaka? What do they need?

Has any asian club beaten a european or latin club in the past?
    7negireddevil87deepakcmunna219777atuljgsanvedjadhavEastBengalPrideDXkartik91
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Haha hahahahaha

Here we go again....
    7negikarenesudhakar2050DXkartik91
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    He is back!! And back with bang!!
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    AFAIK I-League Champion is not guaranteed a place in ACL qualifier. It is Federation Cup Champs. Because of the minimum 20 match restrictions imposed by AFC...the morons in AIFF were forced to restart Federation Cup after announcing its funeral. To ensure 2 Indian teams play in Asia...they are forced to conduct 2 legged 1st Round & Semi Finals. @gaffertape am I right ??
    deepakc
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Welcome Back Cybertron!!!!!
    Cybertron
    @AKB Whether they get a place in ACL or not but what strategy Bengaluru FC are planning to even reach the quaterfinals or knockouts of AFC Champions League against top clubs teams in Asia.

Ashley Westwood has played for Manchester United and John Johnson has played for Middlesborough. Will it help?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @Cybertron Right now, BFC is playing in AFC Cup 2016. Lets see how far they reach this year. ACL is something of future which we will comment when time comes.
    Cybertron