One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It would be awesome if this did wake Essel Group up and actually made them invest in Mumbai FC.
    Deb_Bankuldeep007
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Ozone has put up an academy in Chennai....and they have chennayian FC. So I assume that they will stick with chennai and use ozone fc as a feeder club.

I am not sure about the strategy for the stadium. To my mind it will be a way to build a fancy shopping mall etc with a small stadium to satisfy the min requirements
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    You really think the people have enough money to invest in a feeder club???

After the IMG overtake this merger is going to the most complex step to be taken in indian football.... let the drama begin
    ArsenalFan700Deb_Bandeepakcreddevil87kuldeep007
  • I agree with Shankar...a merger won't be as easy as it sounds..it may drag on for few seasons before we actually see something on the ground...
    ArsenalFan700Deb_Banreddevil87kuldeep007
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    A lot will depend on which team gets relegated this I league as that team may not get a chance to return to I league. If the merger is supposed to happen in 2017, the current 2nd division league could be the last.
    ArsenalFan700BrainFallINDIA
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    No one will give a fight. They will just be contenders for the top spots. In the end, it depends on AIFF and IMG on whom to invite to play in the league. If they don't invite them, no fucking reason to question them. Its solely at their discretion.
    Its like I have no control over who enters my home. People will just question me why they aren't being allowed? This is what you mean @Shankar?
    ArsenalFan700atuljg
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    The problem here is ISL clubs dont fulfil AFC criteria while most I-league clubs does it.. so if you invite a club which has no facilities and documentation done.. then the clubs which has trying to fulfil for last 3-4 seasons will be furious of the federation for not being invited..

Ideally AIFF can ask for franchises to fulfil the criteria by 2017 and officially declare I-league as 2nd division and promote the best 3/4 teams... by all probability BFC EB and MB should be in and around.. in which case the like of SLFC MFC which are known to finish in bottom half cant complain 
    But if they go for merge then expect some complexity in creation of one with clubs who have rightfully worked for few years asking some serious questions
    Deb_Bandeepakcmunna219777
  • For no best approach at-least coming year:

Have the I-League conducted proper with all proper facilities, sponsorship etc but only teams which fulfill all criteria. The top 2 teams (first year), followed by next year(3) then 4 etc get to play the ISL along with existing franchises, until full merger if at all happens

--this will keep all excited on both I-league and ISL

--Lot more player representation and able to play all year round than currently

-- More excitement added as the ISL can continue and so does I-league

--Pther advantages like better foreigners playing year round rather than for 3 month, better and more opportunities etc can happen.

Plan can be debated

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    This suggestion coming from the Fat-clown who created IPFCA !!

karenesudhakar2050deepakc
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    People shutting down I league club in their merger plan ? If merger happens Kerala ,northeast ,Delhi likely to shut their shop ....

Kerala have worse management then Mohammed sporting..
    atuljgdeepakcmunna219777karenesudhakar2050EastBengalPrideBrainFallINDIAgaffertapeAshleshgoalkeeparkartik91and 1 other.