SAFF Championship 2015 final : India Vs Afghanistan

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    We can nick a goal...but I am not sure about defense....they have lapses and Afghanistan could exploit it.... Our midfielders should be ready to outmuscle the opponents in the park..1+4+4+1 is my preference with Sunil starting alone
    clayton SFC
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    Nope. We should play as we have been playing all through this SAFF. Just that Holi and Sunil needs to take a more deeper role to cover Das and Kotal. We can go for a double pivot with Lyngdoh and Halder. Or we can keep the pair of Rowlin and Lyndoh and use Chhangte as a roaming medio behind Jeje. The only way to beat physicality is pace.
  • RonnyRonny 10440 Points
    I think we would really need Haldar today..and cant do without Rowlin also..gotta get rid of Jairu and Sanju needs to give his best performance ever for India..so do Holi,Jeje and the undeserving Augustine
  • The Afghans are already congratulating the team..hope they get a rude awakening  :|
  • samsam 16425 Points
    They will, surely. We are giving too much hype to this team of players from 4th-5th division EU leagues. 
    kuldeep007deepakcatuljg
  • http://www.thehindu.com/sport/football/afghanistan-wants-to-exit-regional-tournament-on-a-high/article8059003.ece

Afghanistan coach wants to win SAFF cup for the last time.
    From now on, Afghanistan will be competing in the newly-formed Central Asian Football Association (CAFA) consisting of Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan

“We want to be in a big tournament. And that is why we are changing federations. We see that many things we have done in the last few years were good, but we’ve come to a point where we want to develop more.

“We need a different situation, different preparation and different opponents. This decision is not against SAFF but this is for the good future of Afghanistan football,” says Petar Segrt, the Afghanistan coach.

I consider this a great decision by Afganhistan. For past few years during every SAFF cup, me and some other members of IFN were hoping for India to do the same. It would be nice if India become members of CAFA or SAFF and CAFA be merged together. Alternatively India should join ASEAN region and play there. I am always in favour of India playing against strong opponents and imporve step by step. Then when the WCQ or ACQ comes we get pitted against mighty asian teams and all get screwed up. 

Now since afghanistan will be gone, SAFF will be joke. No point in playing 'gali football' and hoping a miracle that we qualify for World Cup. When will the AIFF will start making logical decisions.

atuljgsamiamDXdeepakcmunna219777kartik91
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    it is not easy for big brother or father to leave his home .. India is founding member of SAFF .. with India SAFF will collapsed .. no sponsors, no championship and no football for other saff nations ..
    samiamDXreddevil87munna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    India doesn't have to leave SAFF. We could stay in SAFF and seek invitation in AFF Cup each edition
    BrainFallINDIADXdeepakcmunna219777silicon3
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Use SAFF for U23 , and let senior team play in a better quality opposition tournament
    dhritiman7BrainFallINDIASunbha123karenesudhakar2050samiamDXarunRishi96reddevil87kartik91and 1 other.
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    U-23 for SAFF and the senior team for ASEAN will be a great thing to happen. But can it happen? What does the rule book say? Bdw how can Thailand rule the ASEAN federation even when Australia is present?