India vs Iran -2019 WCQ Tehran

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Size of NorthEastern footballers is a misnomer

I can write an extensive article about Nutrition ..and correlation to avg minimum wage etc ..

The average height of NE players will increase in the next generation...as it did with Korea and Japan compared to the last generation

Gouramangi , Surkumar Singh, and many others were solidly built 

Look at Dhanachandra, Salam Ranjan and others...

Your forwards/ wingers in a 433 can afford to be built like your Udanta types...
    deepakcBrainFallINDIAsanvedjadhavspartakartik91munna219777Deb_BanThe real AGkuldeep007
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Ofcourse I am not generalising about North East players. And neither I'm in favour of selecting players solely on physical attributes. But the main thing is the talent pool. We are just restricting it with majority North East players in almost all the age groups.
    Deb_Ban
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Till we have state leagues in other parts of country like NE....only sporadic talents will be better than NE couterparts....from the way things are I will bet on TN to have the next "proper" state league....lots of clubs look interested (viva chennai...1st tine I heard them) & orok (ex eb) has been scoring for fun
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Football is numero uno sport in NE. Same thing cannot be said about other regions of India. NE has a Sporting culture  which other regions lack. SAI Center in Imphal was used properly by locals to excel in so many sports-Athletics to Boxing. We have big SAI Center in Gandhinagar in Gujarat. Can anybody tell how many National level Sportsmen have come out of it? Instead of blaming NE, I would say that the blame lies in lack of interest in Football in rest of the regions. Goa is an exception but Kerala, West Bengal and Punjab has also fallen behind.
    BrainFallINDIAgaffertapedeepakckuldeep007
  • alecsalecs Kerala663 Points
    If looking at the current pool of Indian players available, the  quality of  players in central midfield position is worst compared to all other position. Yesterday we couldn't even compete because our midfield loose the ball cheaply when ever they have possession. Most of the Rowlin Borges passes didn't reach the intended target. There was no creativity and off the ball movement of both Borges and Halder was terrible. But Pronay was better in getting some freekicks and holding the ball. According to your views who all are the best Central Midfielders available for India?      
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    iran coach will say we exeeded expectations as it will make his team look good
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    But he didnt say the same thing when Iran thrashed Guam. India did make things difficult for Iran albeit in only small patches. Result was never in doubt-only the margin was in question.
    Deb_Ban
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Haokip should get a chance now..Enough of Holi
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29686 Points
    Holi was included in the team yesterday because yesterday was Holi...unlike other coaches, Constantine is so aware of Indian culture!
    karenesudhakar2050munna219777samiamgoalkeepardeepukartik91Rishi96kuldeep007