Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Even, lets assume IMGR allows I-league coaches to coach/manage a franchise, will the ego of  so called marquees and internationals allow them to be handled by I-league coach? Big doubt.

Stupid try from NEUFC
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The last two marquees for NorthEast United have been Simao Sabrosa and Joan Capdevilla... I don't think it will be that much of a super challenge for them.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Probably it's AW,would've loved to see an Indian manager in ISL
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    AW should be India's national team coach 
    He should and he could do both the NorthEast United job and then India, which would probably be the most likely to happen.

If India gets through Laos then we will have the second round of the playoffs in September and October and I expect Stephen Constantine to still be in charge for those if he gets there. Ashley Westwood could then do an ISL job and take over in 2017 or something.

It's complicated and based on how India does in the qualifiers... from the looks of it, IMO, the window to get Ashley Westwood as India coach might be realistically gone.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    We will grind out result against Laos and he will get to keep his job till his contract ends
    By that time the damage will already be done
    I mean, if he wins and gets to the next round, he keeps his job, and if he goes through that round, he keeps his job again, and then will probably be given an extension through the third round qualifiers for the Asian Cup and then once that is over, he will be gone but by that time we won't have qualifiers or anything like that until what? 2019? That is three years from now.

If Stephen loses any of these next two playoff rounds he is gone most likely but then why pay the money to bring in Ashley Westwood as coach when we won't have anything important to play for till 2019? You could bring him in and he could keep coaching Bengaluru FC just so the costs go down but would that be realistic?
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    " ego of the marquees..."?? Dude Half of these overage has been would take the fabulous money on offer without even looking at the coaching staff... Most would happily appear on primetime for these joke franchises without a coach....i really doubt ANY of THESE STARS are looking at the footballing philosophy while choosing a club
    You see, you say these things but then why the fuck should we listen to you?
    gaffertape
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    from what I understand , we will go through to 3rd round of Asian cup if we win against Laos, question of second playoff will come in picture if we loose against Laos.
    kuldeep007