Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points

INDIAN SUPER LEAUGE CLUB EYE ROLLERS STAR BOY

Township Rollers’ star midfielder Segolame Boy has attracted interest from an unnamed Indian Super League (ISL) club ahead of the new 2016 campaign.

According to Frank Chilisa of 90 Plus Promotions, the Botswana international winger would join the ISL club a five-month loan deal from Rollers.

“We approached him but he said he has an agent. The teams were looking to pay about US$50,000 for a five-month loan,” Chilisa told local media.

“He is entitled to listen to whoever advises him and we respect that. It is good money that I doubt he can make half of that in two seasons based on his current pay,” he added.

However, Rollers’ Public Relations Officer (PRO) Phempheretlhe Pheto has dismissed the reports linking Boy with a move to the ISL.

“Unless there are new developments he (Boy) is still our player and we intend to keep him. I cannot divulge more on negotiations for a new deal because that’s an internal issue,” Pheto told local media.

Boy has been one of the most outstanding players in the beMOBILE Premiership this season and he’s currently in the race for the Green Boot award having netted 15 goals to-date.

Meanwhile our Defensive Midfielder Ofentse Nato was also playing for them this season. The Club has won Botswana Premier League this season with a game in Hand.

debarghya89namewtheldNagendraDXBrainFallINDIAsanvedjadhavkartik91Carbon_14
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This is the type of signing I like in ISL. Botswana international, 23 years old, supposedly very talented in that league... not bad.

Bets that it is NorthEast United!
    DXCarbon_14sparta
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    BTW, where was it announced that Molina will join ATK? Like, none of the ATK social media accounts have said anything!
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I think this is more like it. Pipe down on the big signings and even bigger coaches.. We are at AFC cup level and no different from a I-league team if played at AFC rules.

Its the hidden gems like Mendoza to an extent Velez type signings which excite me and will set ISL apart from i-league which didnt look beyond Random africans until it was too late. AFC level coaches are just fine and would be more realistic to cut down on expenses and work towards Merger.
    debarghya89BrainFallINDIACarbon_14
    Basically. I mean, I agree with people when they say that it will be tough to get "Europeans from top leagues" cause ya, they will probably be late 20s to early 30s etc. but honestly, at our level, I don't think that matters. There are plenty of players in South America and Africa who are in their early to mid 20s who would gladly come to India. Same with Asia somewhat and North America.

My Red Bulls got this guy named Kemar Lawrence from the fucking Jamaican league! 23 year old left back, national team member, kept fucking Messi at bay in the Copa America and scouted by Newcastle United... only on $60,000 a year (2015)!

There is some great quality around the world that is young or experienced enough that would come to India easily!
    red_devilDXCarbon_14
    @debarghya89 Yo, you know you can't add Jose's name to the wiki articles until the team actually announces it.

Only goal.com has reported it and every other website just goes back to goal.com as the source! It is probably true but at this point nothing is confirmed other than goal.com are a bunch of "We reported it first" whores.
    red_devil
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Its not just goal.com.. It is a press release by the club.. Their social media manager is late to post it, that doesn't make it unofficial..

http://www.ptinews.com/news/7402548_Former-Spanish-World-Cupper-Molina-is-new-coach-of-ATK.html
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Good news for EB fans, Khabra leaving the club end of season. One oldie out, confirmed news, he himself posted on his FB page.
    deepakc
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    lets all become scouts and managers