Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    jithuv wrote: »
    <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Have to remember FFP(Financial Fair Play) is not helping most Championship teams; Venky's can't put in money even if they want to due to these new rules.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Blackburn rovers are bleeding money right now. they need to move out quite a few of their high earners. Robinson, MGP (expected to leave soon to turkey), Dann and dickson etuhu to name a few (except for Dann; all other players are not first team players right now). Their wage bill is ridiculous right now and they need to trim it down.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">The manager has signed some hungry, young players and is trying to build a team. It is a re-building job right now; it is tough for them to get promoted this time around.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div>It makes NO sense to talk about where they will be after 4 games! <div><br></div><div>We will get a better idea come Christmas time.</div></div><div><br></div><p>

<br></p><p>when they had a good team in EPl, they screwed up massively and have reached where they are..only a miraclewill get them back to EPL</p>
  • jithuvjithuv 340 Points
    Yes venkys screwed up. We have known that for over two years now.Blackburn was a decent PL team; it no longer is. It's not going to change if we keep saying it. Even lot of Blackburn fans don't expect the team to go up any time soon. But it is still their team be it PL or championship or lower leagues. True fans will support their team no matter what.

Btw championship is a pretty decent league . I have been watching and following it for a couple of years and enjoy it.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    i'm simply shocked with blackburn start....pederson not given a chance...WTF ..is that...loss against dancover rovers...difficult to digest...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    preetam wrote: »
    i'm simply shocked with blackburn start....pederson not given a chance...WTF ..is that...loss against dancover rovers...difficult to digest...

<br><div><br></div><div>well dont go by names...do you follow them regularly?</div>
    @Preetam ;<u>PEDERSEN</u> or just call him MGP...  As I already explained he is one of the higher earners who has been at Rovers for 10 years but unfortunately has fallen down the pecking order in terms of first team action.. The Club can't afford to keep high earners on the bench.. The new financial fair play rules force the team to balance their financial books.; Ideally the expenditure shouldn't be too high compared to the revenue earned by the club. There may be loopholes or way to work around it like how watford is doing it(The owners have two other teams from which they do free transfers of players to watford ) but not all clubs have that leverage. Lot of people don't still know everything about FFP; so we have to wait and see how that goes.<div><br></div><div>Regarding Doncaster Rovers; I agree with rudra.. You should go and look at their results this season.. They have done reasonably well; this is a tough division to get out of; your opposition can't be under estimated. If it was so then QPR should have won all their matches till now comfortably or Wigan should have never drawn against the same Doncaster rovers...</div><div><br></div><div>Also remember that Roves are not considered a PL team anymore; they are presently a mid table championship team unless results say otherwise as rightly pointed by @rudra in his previous posts</div><div><br></div><div>I have been following the championship closely and my views are based on that. But of course, that doesn't make me an expert.</div><div><br></div><div>I can go on and say Cardiff city just won against Man City; does it mean Man city is doomed? I don't think so :)</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    jithuv wrote: »
    @Preetam ;<u style="font-weight: normal;">PEDERSEN</u> or just call him MGP...  As I already explained he is one of the higher earners who has been at Rovers for 10 years but unfortunately has fallen down the pecking order in terms of first team action.. The Club can't afford to keep high earners on the bench.. The new financial fair play rules force the team to balance their financial books.; Ideally the expenditure shouldn't be too high compared to the revenue earned by the club. There may be loopholes or way to work around it like how watford is doing it(The owners have two other teams from which they do free transfers of players to watford ) but not all clubs have that leverage. Lot of people don't still know everything about FFP; so we have to wait and see how that goes.<div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">Regarding Doncaster Rovers; I agree with rudra.. You should go and look at their results this season.. They have done reasonably well; this is a tough division to get out of; your opposition can't be under estimated. If it was so then QPR should have won all their matches till now comfortably or Wigan should have never drawn against the same Doncaster rovers...</div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">Also remember that Roves are not considered a PL team anymore; they are presently a mid table championship team unless results say otherwise as rightly pointed by @rudra in his previous posts</div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">I have been following the championship closely and my views are based on that. But of course, that doesn't make me an expert.</div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div><b>I can go on and say Cardiff city just won against Man City; does it mean Man city is doomed? I don't think so :)</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Right there.... well done.</div>
    Btw mgp is leaving; mostly to turkey . He already waved farewell to the fans at the end of Barnsley game.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    winning 4-1 against Bolton...Rhodes 2 goals...4 already this season.
    Loved the game ! That was a good performance; long may this continue.

Btw, cairney and king had a great game. I liked Corry Evans too; he should do well for rovers this season.

COYB!
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    AFTER 1-2 LOSS WITH THE HAND OF WIGAN ,BLACKBURN STILL SITS AT 9TH POSITION WITH 4 WIN 3 DR AND 4 LOSS...