Blackburn Rovers

Comments

• jithuvjithuv 340 Points
    It's over. Reading have a way better goal difference. But a winning end to the season would be great. Keep the momentum going for the next. They have a good team right now as far as they keep the core and add a few including bringing in some from within the youth set up.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Bb is pumped up leadin 3-1 wigan...how cum this team is not in top 5....next season they wil be fighting for 1st spot
    They r playing wel like champs
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I guess the team peaked too late. dunno if they will be able to keep the momentum next season. the phase was needed atleast 5 games before
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Wigan were already in the play-offs regardless I believe so did they really care about the final match. Good job Blackburn but Wigan probably just winged this one and the result is there as both were close in the table.

Anyway, good season for Blackburn but some more changes are needed for next season. Biggest thing will be to keep Jordan Rhodes.
    Lot of drama last day ...jordan phodes wil stay
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Hopefully. Any word on what funds will be available for Gary Bowyer?
    heartbreaking for reading....brighton qualified for play-off on last day....
    http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/proud-of-the-campaign-1524243.aspx

Proud of the campaign

Posted: Sat 03 May 2014 
    Author: rovers.co.uk

Gary Bowyer was delighted to see Rovers end their season on a high after a thrilling 4-3 win over Wigan Athletic.

Whilst results elsewhere ensured Rovers' outside chances of a top six finish ended, they finished the season a very creditable 8th place with 70 points.

Added to that Rovers ended the campaign 12 matches unbeaten, the victory over Wigan Athletic ensuring they finished with a hat-trick of victories.

"Our objective at the start of the day was to win the game and that is what we've done," Bowyer told Radio Rovers.

"Full credit to the lads, I thought our football at times going forward was outstanding, Carson has had to make some saves and we had further opportunities as well, we rattled the bar and had a goal disallowed.

"I'm delighted that we've kept the 12-game unbeaten run to end the of the season."

Rovers were a threat throughout, with attacking play that left the manager drooling.

"You've seen what a threat that we've got going forward, Kingy's pace frightened them, Rudy, what can you say about the big man, what a contribution he's made to the football club.

"Jordan Rhodes gets his 25th, he's scored more than 100 goals in four years, which is phenomenal and the creativity of Cairney, what a goal that was. If it was in the Premier League or abroad there would be reruns of it all night.

"I've nothing but praise for them, they keep going, they've a great spirit, they can have a good summer because they've started the rebuilding process."

The manager reserved his last word for the fantastic support his side has received all season, delighted to send them all home happy.

"A huge thanks to the fans," added Bowyer. "We need everybody to get to where we want.

"They've been phenomenal for me and the players this season."
    @rohan

they don't need funds...they just have to retain all the players...