• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    We need to get Jayesh and Brandon in the squad next games
    Jayesh-Brandon-Udanta
    Sunil-JEJE that would be awesome
    Carbon_14munna219777deepufootydipsanvedjadhavalecskuldeep007
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    With BB out now they might get a look in soon
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29289 Points
    @Ashindia you are overconfident. Macao can do a Guam on as. Kyrgyzstan will thresh as in both matches, and Myanmar may beat as in India.
    Carbon_14arunskumar148sanvedjadhav
  • irrespective of what form India or Macao is in, Constantine will say its tricky match :D
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    Don't think Kyrghiz will thrash us twice. At home, we will have the upper hand on Myanmar. Macau is weak, we have played them earlier.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited March 2017
    GREAT WIN GUYS...(I also deserve some credit for recommending the change that won us the match.Plz see Pg 14 of this thread :) )

This could prove to be quite significant in our race to qualify for Asia Cup..

I personally felt we deserved It.WE SHOULD HAVE EARNED 2 penalties ,Missed a sitter of the century)and couple of half chances.

For all the possession Myanmar had and their fast passing style,they really didn'"t force Gurpreet to make a half decent save.They had decent openings but didn't threaten our Goal to be honest.They pressurized us but we were decently organised(surprisingly).In and away match,at some stage you will be the under the pump, which we were for around 10-15 min in the second half but it was important not to conceed which we did.

IT WAS LIKE STOKE CITY GOING TO ARSENAL AND WINNING 1-0..
    Ït was a Perfect away performance to be honest.Team stuck together,and defended decently(I mean,Common guys earning a Clean Sheet is the prime requirement of an away match)

Regarding the Match:-

Gurpreet and Cb were quite good.(8.5-9/10 fr all of them.)

Narayan and Pritam(LB and RB)-Sometimes i feel we should play two Cb"s in their place which would provide us better cover because both Narayan and Pritam don"t know how defend and whenever they go forward, they actually spoil our own attack(not a single half decent cross,so cant attack as well).So,playing 2 Cb"s will atleast provide us better defence capablity.(2/10 for them)

Lyngdoh and Borges-really poor pass distribution.(i feel,hawa nikal jaati hai when they see the ball)Defensively were okayish in providing cover to the defence but that"s the work of a CDM AND NOT A CM.(4/10 for me)

Jackie(Poor,missed an open chance)no influence on the game.Just over commits himself.(3/10 for me)

Robin(Looked jaded,rusty,unfit not really contributed)-4/10

Jeje-Only player other than Chhetri and Sandesh who can score in our team.Was okayish,had couple of half chances.Played couple of one touch passes/openings,nothing too special..(5/10)

Sunil-His Importance to this team is same as that of Sachin Tendulkar to India"s Cricket team,specially in 1990"s.To be honest,wasn"t his best game and looked slightly off  Colour.But this his quality,delivered the goal(on an off day) that could pretty much Send India to Asia Cup Finals 2019..Amazing Player..Still i give him an 9/10 considering the importance of the goal.

Udanta-Proved instrumental.A great talent.He also should try his luck outside of India if the opportunity arises which i feel can arise.Had a shot on Goal,Should have had a Penalty and provided a great assist.Showed Great Speed,Great awareness(Passed to Chhetri instead of Holicharan as he knew who had the better chance of Scoring,even though Ball to Holicharan was easier 
    :p).9.5/10

He,i feel along with Lallianzuala and Brandon could add a lot of impetus to the Indian team for future.

Lallian,Brandon,Gurpreet,Udanta and Sandesh would have to form the backbone of the team if the team has to do well  in future.All of them can play in a better league than Indian League in my opinion.

In the End,I feel it was a Well Deserved Win and Good Away Performance.
    goalkeeparthebeautifulgamemunna219777indian_goonerashindiadeepak dedhadeepudeepakcfootydipCarbon_14and 3 others.
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    edited March 2017
    Given the squad, his playing XI and substitutions were not bad. He ddint field CK Vineet or Arnab Mondal as that would have been a disaster. Maybe Jackichand could have been substituted much earlier.
    Lyngdoh, Robin looked out of sorts. There was not enough depth at the bench either.
    He needs to bring some new faces in the squad. Two Brandons, Jayesh, Adil and some more. Today we won despite below par performance for most of the match. He needs to look at building the squad for 2019 AFC Asian Cup tournament itself.
    Carbon_14