India U-17 Vs USA U-17 (FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017)

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    And why the fuck we have that 19 year old Aniket Yadav in this team? Some Yadav quota? Worst player on the pitch he was along with Jitendra. 

AIFF should also get everyone to shave their heads before next match. Looks like a bunch of nukkad chap Romeos!
    ashindiasudheermylankaldeepak dedhadebarghya89shibiersanvedjadhavgopiajeeshgoalkeepargaffertapeankitand 2 others.
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    @munna219777 No..you can see a lots of India origin cricket player playing in the foreign national team. Just because we culturally accepted Cricket. It is psychology of Indian's that whatever places we may go we will conserve our culture. Our parents think academic career is the only option we have. And they never consider sports as a profession. Be it in India or Indian people in overseas consist this mindset. You will see thousand of thousands Indian doctors and engineers in USA or any other country. But as you said, you will never see a famous sporting legends of Indian origin. That's why I said we need to accept football culturally.  
    Deb_Banmunna219777indian_gooner
  • I thought Jitendra was good in defence though his distribution quality was not good
    deepak dedha
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I agree that culture does matter but it isn't the be all and end all. Culture can win World Cups, it shouldn't get you into them lol. Australia have shit culture in football and so did Japan yet they have carved out great histories (even now, in both countries, football isn't "mainstream" yet)
    Ronnymunna219777
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    This Same USA U17 lost to Japan U17 in a friendly tournament group match very recently (In August) , Believe me the score line read 0-4 !!!!  Just wondering how strong this Japan team would be  :o
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    edited October 2017
    Even that counts as good experience. We were more interested in counting the air miles. People will remember we went to Austria but will forget that it was to play village teams. Same with the farcical Brazil & Italy trip. That money should have been spent on inviting national teams to India and play them here.

Matos said yesterday that the US team has played 7 competitive games prior to the tournament while our lack of games hampered our performance. Someone needs to question him that what he did in the Portugal. That trip also was a money making scam for him & his friends. Couldn't even arrange a friendly with Portugal..

Experience wise i would rate the Granatkin Cup higher, even though we lost almost all the matches
    goalkeeparshibierDeb_Banmunna219777ashindiagaffertapeArsenalFan700indian_goonerarchak
  • samsam 16430 Points
    Maros is a nonsense coach who's good in licking feet and politics.
    gaffertapeankitindian_gooner
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Proud of the boys. It was a battling display but a defeat nonetheless.

Komal and Dheeraj stand out. If we had scored in the corner the score wouldn't be 3-0, 2-1 seems fair.

This result parallels against the 3-0 defeat to Iran by the Senior NT, there we were completely outplayed and were restricting them while the match yesterday we still were outplayed on each dept 2-1 but did put their defense under pressure when needed.

Just want these boys to be fearless, this WC is not the end but start of a long journey.

why so many comments on hairstyles? Cmon these are kids and this is the biggest stage for them, let it be.
    MikigaffertapespartaEastBengalPrideindian_goonerarunskumar148
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Question for those who were in the stadium yesterday. Any visible American supporters in the stadium? Foreign visitors?