2018 I-League 2nd Division

goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29232 Points
The 2017–18 I-League 2nd Division will be the 11th season of the I-Leagus 2nd Division, the second division Indian football league, since its establishment in 2008. The season will start with the preliminary rounds from 16 March to 15 May 2018. The final round of the league will take place between 21 May to 27 May 2018 at a neutral venue. This season will feature 18 teams, divided into three groups of six teams each. The season will also feature the reserve sides of seven Indian Super League clubs, none of which can qualify for the final round.
NagendraCarbon_14munna219777deepakcindian_gooner

Comments

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1935 Points
    Dates are insane, how the fuck these players are suppose to play in scorching Indian summer. about time FIFA/ AFC intervenes in AIFF way of life. 
    goalkeeparCarbon_14munna219777deepakc[Deleted User]
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    common fateh time to get to i-league
    munna219777ashindiaCarbon_14Nagendradeepakc
  • amitrao19706888amitrao19706888 Bhavnagar161 Points
    Ozone fc well settled as a team.won the bdfa super division.
    munna219777Nagendradeepakc
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    who would we like to see win division 2
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points

Local footballers from the steel city and Tata Football Academy (TFA) cadets will represent the JFC Reserve team in this year's I-League Second Division scheduled to begin later this month.

The 22-member team was introduced to the media at JRD Tata Sports complex here on Saturday.

"We have decided to provide exposure to promising local talents from the JSA league (local event) and TFA cadets in the Jamshedpur FC Reserve team. We hope that with proper training and competitive exposure to prestigious tournaments like the I-League Second Division and Durand Cup, these players will in the long run play in JFC team in ISL," said JFC CEO Mukul Choudhari while introducing the team.

He said five of the JFC Reserve players-Gorachand Mardi, Gourav Mukhi, Raisen Hansdah, Ravi Bhumij and Amrit Gope-have been selected based on their performance in JSA Premier Division and Trials held in February. The rest 17 are TSAF cadets.

The team will be mentored by Kashmir-based Asian Football Confederation (AFC) coach Hilal Rasool Parray while Pune-based Mihir Sawant (Fifa level II goalkeeping coach) will be the assistant coach.

This year's I-League Second Division will comprise 18 teams including reserve teams of seven Indian Super League (ISL) clubs.

The 18 teams have been divided into three groups.

The preliminary round will be played from March 14 to May 15.

Jamshedpur FC Reserve is part of Pool C of the tournament. This pool also includes Trau FC, Langsning FC, Mohammedan Sporting, JSW Bengaluru FC (Reserves) and Chennaiyin FC (Reserves). The team will play its first match against Mohammedan Sporting in Calcutta on March 14.

Carbon_14
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    FYI last time TFA played in Div 2, they won it. 

deepak dedhamunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited March 2018
    Hyderabad ki Fateh !!

We need a big city like that on India Football Map.
    spartaashindiaatuljggoalkeeparCarbon_14deepakc
  • amitrao19706888amitrao19706888 Bhavnagar161 Points
    Ozone fc will give a good fight this time. Last year they signed cornel glen and he got injured before the first match .ozone played almost 6games with Indian players and chicka wali in defense .only one match Roby norales played and was substituted due to poor performance. Anto Xavier scored 7goals and sabeeth sathyan scored a couple. They failed to qualify for the final round.this time they signed David booth back in November and retained almost every player including sabeeth and Xavier .chicka wali is also extended contact .They played in the local league and won the league with a 100% win .a new foreign striker Robert desoza was also with the team and scored 13 goals from 10 matches.the foreign player has really mingled with the players.I think they will perform better than any others because they only started to build a team.
    munna219777Carbon_14deepakcSOCCER4kl