India in Asian Games 2018

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    edited April 2018
    http://https//www.hindustantimes.com/other-sports/wrestling-federation-of-india-to-focus-on-foreign-experts-dump-indian-coaches/story-budEcndxWkS7p2bk4iNpHP.html

Much Needed Step.Winning a medal at the Asian level is a tough task.Foreign Coaches( From powerhouse Countries) are always welcomed.
    munna219777Carbon_14deepu
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29623 Points
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/other-sports/strong-and-young-indian-team-for-golf-in-2018-asian-games/story-bwDanOZh8DcoBwK0y8nu1O.html

Strong and young Indian team for golf in 2018 Asian Games

Seven young golfers, including Diksha Dagar and Aadil Bedi, have qualified to represent India at the 2018 Asian Games, scheduled to be held in Indonesia in August.

India will be fielding a young but strong golf team at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia this August. The four-member boys team and three-member girls team was chosen after a gruelling six-round trial that concluded on Monday.

All the contenders were required to play six rounds in the trials conducted by the Indian Golf Union. Two of the rounds were held at the ITC Classic Golf Resort and four rounds were played at the Jaypee Greens. After six rounds, the best five were taken into account and the results were declared.

Sifat Sagoo, Ridhima Dilawari and Diksha Dagar were top three among girls, while Kshitij Naved Kaul, Aadil Bedi and Harimohan Singh were the top three among boys. World No. 17, Rayhan Thomas, whose achievements include a win in a pro tournament, while being an amateur, was given a discretionary spot on the basis of world rankings.

Sifat Sagoo, the youngest qualifier among girls, shared the top spot with Ridhima Dilawari. Both totaled 351 for their best five rounds. Diksha Dagar, who was favoured to top, ended third, four shots behind Sifat and Ridhima.

Sifat who will turn 17 later this month was the most consistent among the girls, with four under-par rounds and one even par round. Her best five counting scores were 71-69-72-68-71 and the score left out was 74 on second day. Ridhima had three under-par rounds besides another par round, while her discarded round was one of two 73s she shot. Ridhima’s best five rounds were 71-73-67-68-72 for 351. Diksha’s best five were 71-74-72-70-68 for a total of 355.

Among the boys Kshitij Naved Kaul, who was the low amateur at the Hero Indian Open earlier this year, emerged as the topper with a total of 354 for his best five rounds and it included a stunning 8-under 64 in second round at the highly demanded Classic Golf Resort. He was followed by Aadil Bedi (356), whose best round was 67 in the fourth round at Jaypee. The third spot went to Harimohan Singh, who recovered well from his start of 79 in the first round and totaled 357 for the next five rounds and had an excellent 69-70 for the last two rounds.

India’s track record in Asian Games golf is fairly good. In 1982 when golf was introduced at the Asian Games, Lakshman Singh and Rajiv Mohta won gold and silver and the Indian team won the gold. Shiv Kapur won the individual gold in 2002. In 2006 (Anirban Lahiri, Gaganjeet Bhullar, Chiragh Kumar and Joseph Chakola) and 2010 (Rashid Khan, Rahul Bajaj, Abhinav Lohan and Abhijit Chadha) won the team silver for boys.

munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    What happened to Indian Golfers who participated in 2016 Olympics ?  Aditi Ashok, Shiv Chaurasia, Anirban Lahiri ??
    sanvedjadhav
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/hockey/hockey-harendra-singh-to-coach-mens-team-sjoerd-marijne-in-charge-of-womens-side/article23739233.ece

I feel its the right step specially with World Cup Being just 6 months Away.You can"t change much in such a short period.So,a Coach(Who has been in and around the system) was a correct choice.

My only concern would be whether he"ll get Full Support or not when it comes to Team Selection.

Because  Harendra was the prime reason why Ranchi Rays Signed Gurbaj Singh(The Most Expensive Indian Player) for the amount which they signed him for.He rated Gurbaj that highly.

So,it will be interesting to see if Gurbaj and others(Deserving ones) will come back in the National Setup or not.

munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29623 Points
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/long-and-triple-jumpers-to-train-in-india/article23751723.ece

Long and triple jumpers to train in India

Many athletes travelling abroad for Asiad preparations

Just like their preparations prior to the Rio Olympics, the quartermilers and the relay runners will be going to Spala in Poland as they prepare for the Asian Games in Jakarta in August.

The javelin throwers will be travelling to Finland while the distance runners and steeplechasers are likely to go to Bhutan.

They will go abroad, return for the inter-State Nationals in Guwahati (June 26 to 29) and will go back to their foreign bases only to return a few days before the Asiad.

“They will go by May 10, that is the tentative plan,” said deputy chief National coach Radhakrishnan Nair. The proposal has been sent to the SAI for approval.

But the long and triple jumpers will not be going anywhere. They will be training in India, at least till the inter-State Nationals.

Except for male triple jumper Arpinder Singh, the others disappointed in Gold Coast.

Though V. Neena and Nayana James, the Asian Championships silver and bronze medallists in Bhubaneswar last year, qualified for the CWG final, they could manage only pathetic jumps when it mattered the most, 6.19m and 6.14m respectively. Nayana (6.51m) and Neena (6.42) had far superior season bests.

Rakesh Babu, another male triple jumper who had also qualified for the final, was thrown out of the Games’ Village in Gold Coast after a syringe was found in his bag.

Three days ago, long and triple jumps National coach Bedros Bedrosian said he was not aware of any foreign trip for his trainees.

“I don’t know yet, I’ll have more details tomorrow,” said the Romanian.

But on Wednesday, he said they were not going anywhere till the inter-State Nationals.

“I had planned for Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan but I realised that it would be Ramadan time then and getting proper food could be a problem for athletes,” Bedrosian told The Hindu.

“I think we can go to Malaysia after the inter-State meet for training and competition before the Asiad.”

Bedrosian also revealed that national long jump record holder Ankit Sharma, who suffered an injury last year, is expected to regain full fitness in about two weeks while Rakesh is yet to join the national camp.

“I don’t know what the committee (to look into the CWG syringe incident) has given in its report and I have not heard anything from the federation regarding it. But Rakesh has not joined the camp and I don’t know when he will join,” he said.

munna219777
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    Any news on Football team's status/preparation for the Asian Games ?
    munna219777ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited May 2018
    Yeah this is really weird. these players (Nehwal) earn crores of rupees but they want their family members to be part of Official contingnent. I understand that parents want to see her play but go to hotel, buy ticket in the stadium and watch it. Whats the need to be official manager and use taxpayer money only??

Sania Mirza took her mother as manager and a student of her father as Doubles Partner in last Olympics.

Similar story was of real Mahavir Singh Phogat. He was in Gold Coast as his daughters- Geeta was on TV commentary,Babita and Vinesh were playing. He complained to indian media that he was unable to get Free Pass to go to stadium and see Wrestling. Dude you are a crorepati. He got 35 crore rupees just for using his character for Dangal. How much is ticket ? 30-40 Dollars. Cant you buy it? They only want VIP Official treatement.
    BrainFallINDIAsouravindiasanvedjadhavCarbon_14samspartaindian_gooner