• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    India are real chokers 
    deepu
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Ind vs Pak in Cricket WC = Ned vs Ind in Hockey WC
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Same old story.Nothing new.Choke in the most important games.

No body plays well during the match,then they get knocked out,then they cry like girls.Bloody Idiots.

It is being repeated time and again and i hv pointed it time and time again.

I can name Australian,Belgian,Dutch players because their team selection is consistent.

For India,no body can predict the team selection because for every Tournament,it is completely different team.

Just check how many players have played all the 4 major Tournaments of the year i.e Asian Games, Commonwealth Games,Champions Trophy and World Cup.

No consistency in the team selection. Moreover,you won't win the Senior World Cups with players like Sumit,Nilakanta,Hardik,Dilpreet,Amit Rohitdas, Birendra Lakra(Past his prime),Lalit as a forward.

Also,just imagine the standbys for this tournament were Gurinder and Gurjant.

Gurinder was a standby instead of Jarmanpreet and now Vivek Sagar who played in every game in every Tournament uptil now(I said he is not ready billion times,ever since I first saw him) was not good enough  firfthe selection committee to make it to the Standbys also).What an Irony.

BEFORE THE START,I SAID THAT THE TEAM IS WEAK AND WILL DO WELL TO EACH THE QUARTER FINALS and that's where it ends.

SURENDER AND HARMANPREET WERE OUR BEST PLAYERS IN MY OPINION.

The only positive thing about this team is that almost all of them barring Birendra Lakra and possibly Sreejesh would be there for 2020 Olympics and will be more matured provided they stick with the same players which will leave us in good stead for a Medal at 2020 Olympics
    RonnyDeb_Bangoalkeepardeepumunna219777shibierkartik91Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Faulty Team selections has always cost India in big tournaments.

Many years ago, Tamil Nadu players like Thirumal Balvan, Adam Sinclair were selected in the National team despite some very average performance. Reason:- to please secretary Jyotikumaran who hailed from Chennai and in this way, coach/assistant coach/selectors were able to hold on to their jobs.

This was repeated here. Odisha players like Amit Rohidas, Birender Lakra were selected to please Host cum Sponsor while likes of Rupinder Pal Singh were neglected. Harmanpreet Singh is good but he lacks deadly drag flick which can beat any European team. We made our PC routine poor.
    Rohidas was consistent in showing his immaturity by getting yellow card suspension.
    Harender Singh committed another blunder by substituting Sreejesh with field player. You dont try this now against strong teams as they will waste time by exerting more pressure on defense.

There were positives. Our team is young and they did play with flair and confidence beyond their ability. 2019 is going to be a very quiet year for international hockey. Lets hope that the core of this squad is preserved for 2020 Olympics with a better coach !!!
    shibierthebeautifulgameashindiaCarbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I think it's official.India finishes 6th at the World Cup.Among the loosing quarter finalists India's Group Stage Record was 2nd best with 7points behind Germany who had 9points.France and Argentina had 6 points and 4 points.
    Carbon_14
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Hockey India officials abused and threw indian players out of vip lounge on the eve of the quarterfinal match .. 
    goalkeepardeepu