2019 AFC Cup and ACL — Minerva Punjab FC and Chennaiyin FC

Comments

• samsam 16425 Points
    @DEFENCE123
    did you watch the Masih goal or the match?
    I did and read what I said about the goal
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Shamefully,.. First time in history of Indian football, shamefully.. I am quiting Indian football, bye bye guys... India will never become a footballing nation, our DNA is not made to play football, its made to become engineers and doctors.
    deepak dedhaCarbon_14munna219777haritrams24sparta
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    All the best @goalkeepar for your future endeavors   :D :D :D :D 
    BrainFallINDIA
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points
    Novy Kapadia

Dempo, East Bengal and Bengaluru with half of ISL clubs budget have reached semi finals and final

https://twitter.com/NovyKapadia
    ashindia

MANANG MARSHYANGDI CLUB (NEP) 2-3 CHENNAIYIN FC (IND) Match Day 6

MINERVA PUNJAB (IND) 0-1 ABAHANI LIMITED DHAKA (BAN) - AFC Cup 2019 : Group Stage

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7105 Points
    This is what happens when you let the 'champions' of 18 odd games leagues play a continental tournament . 
    Deb_Banjitug1979munna219777ashindiaharitrams24deepu
  • I dont know why people are suddenly joking about team's budget with qualifying to next round. Havent we already established that passion > money? When top money spending team like EB have not won any league in past 14 years why its surprise that CFC didnt qualify with better budget? 
    atleast someone like Novy should refrain from these childish arguments. ISL fanboys do those along with few idiotic I league fanatics.

Besides lets look at Indian teams performance in AFC since 2013( not taking prior records since we used to have Iraqi and Kuwait clubs with us which were difficult to handle, so hats off to Indian clubs who went through next round but at the same time there were clubs who couldnt get single point so no blames either)

since 2013 this format was changed and two Indian teams were drafted with SAFF and East asian teams but in different groups
      EB Churchil
    2013 14 4
      Churchil PFC
    2014 10 6
      BFC EB
    2015 12 5
      MB BFC
    2016 11 9
      BFC MB
    2017 12 9
      BFC Aizawl
    2018 15 4
      CFC Minerva
    2019 11 5

bold indicates teams those went through next round

now if you see CFC did get double digit points which is on par with average points scored by teams which went though next rounds(11.8) , fact is from 2013 to 2016 qualifying was relatively easy still many teams struggled. We had two Indian teams in two groups and among those top two teams could go through which doesnt happen now.
    2017 and 2018 even BFC struggled with new format although they went through somehow.

I am not saying CFC didnt qualify because of format  but this format is quite tough plus with their abysmal performance in current season I would say they did decent job. What we are conveniently ignoring is other teams are catching up at club level and Indians dont have decent bench strength which is actually hampering their performance. While BFC successfully tackled league matches/ AFC matches by fielding 2nd string side others havent coped up with that.
    Look at CFC , no striker barring Jeje. Dhanpal ganesh was out, entire season was lost.
    no proper back up for RB/LB positions.
    Here our players sit idle for 5 months and we still wonder why we dont have good Indians playing in team.
    remove 1/2 extra foreigner and everyone looks pathetic.

enough of this bullshit ISL vs I league drama, get to the real issues.

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7105 Points
    Ahm why the downvotes ? 
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited June 2019
    lol cos people think I am advocating for CFC/ISL