Santosh Trophy

Comments

• indian_goonerindian_gooner 3411 Points
    edited May 2022
    Just how many were in there? Well, when they announce that the official attendance is 26,875, it's the Kerala boos - screaming (and you must scream this) "kooooo", the final "ooo" flowing up and down the longer you can hold it - that ring out across through the stadium. Everyone knows that the number is rubbish. There are at least 5,000 more. A single ticket is forwarded on WhatsApp to multiple people, and since there's no kind of scanning, that trick works wonders.

again hiding the real attendance. i guess for safety reasons and insurance?

The threat of an imminent lathi charge sits heavy in the air.

this should have applied to Euros final.  My freind in Europe says police generally don't use any brute force against its citizens as it violates human rights. This shows how we treat our citizens as cattle.

btw a really nice article. felt like i could visualize whatever is written.

munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29252 Points
    Bengal Santosh trophy team threshed atk Mohun Bagan 1-0 today in a friendly, atk played with 4 foreigners
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    The final was one of the best experiences in my life. What's special is that there are so many middle aged and senior citizens attending the match. It was blissful to see them celebrate with as much energy as us.

All the stands, even the one behind the posts, were full by 5PM and had to wait 3 hrs till kickoff. The fact that the people sitting around us were strangers evaporated during that long 3 hours of waiting. All of us shared snacks, made jokes and commented on the match as if we knew each other for so long. At 6:30, there was a sudden noise of plastic covers opening. It was time to break Ramadan fasting, the last day of it. Some had to break fasting using popcorn and other snacks available there but none of them complained.

The moment when Kerala equalized was the pinnacle. The crowd all agreed that Bengal played better and that there was no way back for Kerala. And when that goal went in, they didn't know what to do. The stadium was so loud. A funny thing is that even after the prize giving ceremony was over, everyone around was asking the same question - who scored? No one had an answer to that (Infact AIFF and the commentator messed it up too. They said it was Bibin Ajayan during the stream and official report, but Malayalam newspapers correctly reported it as Safnad the next day).

Another observation is that no one had mobile internet connectivity inside the stadium. All network providers. It took half an hour for my WhatsApp status to upload (just a picture). However, just as we got out of stadium to parking lot, there was 4G network, even for BSNL. I seriously doubt AIFF installed signal jammers inside the stadium, may be to stop people from streaming the match. Waiting more than 3 hours without internet was a task, but we survived.
    Deb_BanCarbon_14indian_goonerNagendrasouravindiagiridharanmunna219777Chelseafan
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3411 Points
    I seriously doubt AIFF installed signal jammers inside the stadium, may be to stop people from streaming the match.

wtf. they themselves not televising the games but preventing others. also this is a football stadium, not pilgrimage center like sabarimala where there are signal jammers for safety reasons.

Waiting more than 3 hours without internet was a task, but we survived.

oh wow. that's a huge accomplishment in this age. also talking to stranger people is a big task in itself. i myself find it difficlult to strike converstaion with people who come for family functions despite being known people. 

if possible please post some pics here.

munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Capacity issues crashes Mobile connectivity. Too many people in too tight of an area.
    This is a problem in stadiums across the world. Stadiums nowadays build infrastructure to ensure cellular connectivity as well as stadium wi-fi wherever possible.

This mobile cell tower helped provide connections to fans at Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee in August 2008

This mobile cell tower helped provide connections to fans at Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee
    Carbon_14G_KDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    preading the beautiful game across different states is one of the key objectives in Vision 2047, and the Federation has begun that process by taking the Hero Santosh Trophy to newer heights. The Hero Santosh Trophy is now on a revival path, with the tournament's semi-finals and final set to be hosted abroad for the first time – in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    - AIFF Media Team in the AIFF website
    I seriously don't understand. Will it help infrastructure? Or is Saudi Arabia the latest football deprived Indian state which AIFF needs to develop? Or is it for trying to grab eyeballs?
    Thoroughly confused, I am.
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Santosh Trophy SFs and Finals will have VAR also this year.
    indian_goonerashindiagiridharan
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    The pace ta which Services vs Karnataka. Was played was very quick and quality of football at its best. I was visibly surprised, reminded me ofnthe time when top Indian players used to play
    indian_goonergaffertape
  • Karnataka enter Hero Santosh Trophy final after 47 years; to cross swords with Meghalaya
    souravindia