FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    edited May 2021
    here is a projection of what might happen in coming days. we loose against Qatar, draw against Afghanistan, win against Bangladesh, provided Afghanistan draw against Bangladesh we will finish 3rd. AIFF will hail Stimac for pulling Asian cup qualification in difficult circumstances and extend his contract. and same cycle of ranting against Stimac will continue till he steps down after Asian cup in 2023. NT will be at same level when SC left in 2019 and then we will discuss again on how our AIFF is screwing up football in our country.
    Deb_Bangaffertapeindian_goonerAbhishekatuljg
  • ashindiaashindia 9384 Points
    Or it is also possible that Qatar deny us entry and all pur matches end up given as walk over.
    munna219777
  • I have absolutely no hopes about India pulling off a victory. Somehow maybe against Bangladesh. We will remain in the 4th position. There will be no fixed 11 again since Stimac chose to go back home after the friendlies and all the players are with their families affected by Cvoid or stress.
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • RonnyRonny 10497 Points
    edited May 2021
    I have absolute confidence in our team beating both Afghanistan and Bangladesh this time. The Blue Tigers will do it for the nation
    Deb_BanAbhishek
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Why are they delaying team announcement ?
    Atleast Stimac should reach Qatar.
    RonnyAbhishek
    In order to qualify directly for third Round of AFC Asian Cup,  India needs to either finish third in the Group of in top 4 of the 4th placed Teams. Currently India is in 7th place of 4th placed teams.
    As North korea was top of that 4th placed team list, its withdrawl can benefit India.
    giridharanAbhishek
  • RonnyRonny 10497 Points
    So if not we go into playoffs like last time? I still feel SC got very lucky there because then we got to play a lot of home away games(beginning with Laos) and finally went into a group where 2 crucial wins against Kyrgystan and Myanmar due to Sunil's heroics got us into the Asian cup. We drew with Myanmar later and lost to Kyrgystan away I believe. Worse case Stimac's team will also go through that route to qualify
    munna219777indian_gooner
    We were lucky to get Laos last time.
    If unlucky one can get Yemen, Palestine or Indonesia this time
    we should not take these playoffs for granted.
    goalkeepargiridharanRonnyindian_goonerAbhishekPassikartik91
    edited May 2021
    First dose of vaccine ? :D
    visas are sorted now. okay

This will take 6-7 days.
    Then  1 week of Quarantine  ??
    Not much time is left. Visa / Vaccine should have been done earlier.
    AIFF was sleeping.

afghanistan Bangladesh have long announced their squad.  Afghanistan is holding a 10 day camp in Dubai for 30 players from 20 May. They will reach Qatar on June 1
    indian_goonerAbhisheksouravindia