AFC U-19 Championship 2020

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Bekey Oram, star of Bibiano's U16 joined BFC and not Arrows..Is this a reason he was completely ignored by Bibiano?
    goalkeeparSiVPassi
    The best result today has to be Australia 2-2 Laos
    Passi
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    India was way below abysmal in their play today. I mean even nepal and bhutan don't play this bad. They just defended and punted the ball over towards the strikers, completely bypassing the midfielders, no passing among themselves, taking too much time on the ball, no pressing, no closing down...no desire to play well or win...nothing at all!! Even Koeverman's team didn't play this bad. And these were our u17 world cup stars!! Just know this, we just saw the future of Indian football play and the picture is not rosy. With these players and such pathetic display we cannot ever even think of dreaming for a World Cup spot!!  This team should be disbanded and Pinto sacked and jailed for such atrocious football!! 
    haritrams24goalkeeparAbhishekjitug1979SiVindian_gooner
    Actually Uzbekistan was very good and that made us look bad..The Uzbeks were pacy, hungry, very high press and technically very sound
    samgaffertapePassiBrainFallINDIA
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Even BD makes us look bad  :D
    haritrams24goalkeeparDeb_Ban
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29238 Points
    Today Uzbeks proved Indians can't play football due to there faulty genetics. 
    PassiEastBengalPrideashindiadeepurudra
    The way these guys were pumped up against Bdesh in SAFF final and showing fingers all around. If they had the same attitude today then might have had a result
    Abhishekjitug1979ashindia
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    No, your opponent being good is one thing and you being poor is another. I sae most of the match. Out of 60 odd minutes i saw, Indian team had just ONE occasion where it strung 3 or more passes among itself! Just 1! And I am not exaggerating. Just watch the entire match. Bad passing and hoofing the ball forward is not because Uzbeks played better: it was because we were poor!!  our right winger was marked by 2 Uzbeks and was given absolutely no time on the ball. Indian players spent on an average 10 seconds on the ball before trying to pass it. This is worse then gully football!! And again i am not exaggerating. There was no move off the ball, no through balls, no closing down opponents...nothing!

I really wonder what exactly  did these players learn after being together for the last 5-6 years and being pampered by Aiff who spent crores and crores on their training, exposure tours and giving them contracts and playing time with the Arrows for last 2 years? What did these guys learn under Adams, and that shitty Portuguese coach and after playing against some of the top youth teams from europe? It was all a wasted effort. This team should be disbanded, i say again.
    goalkeeparSiVnamewtheldPassiEastBengalPridemunna219777indian_goonerAdityaVashindia
    Saudi beat Afghanistan by 1-0
    Passi
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Just keeping one group of players together will not give much dividends. There should be Regional Academies like in North East, East, South, West, North and then there should be healthy competition of places between players of all these regional academies.
    Right now if you give Blue Jersey straightaway to any U-17 or U-15 without competition of places , he will become complacent.
    AIFF should constantly look for junior players of various cliubs, academies also.
    indian_goonertrojangoalkeeparDeb_BanEastBengalPridekartik91PassiSiVChelseafanmasefieldtheoilfield