King's Cup 2019

Comments

• SiVSiV 1853 Points
    Buiram temperature is expected to be around 34 degrees..  Our plyrs r coming from camp in Delhi at 43 degrees.  Curacoa plyrs are coming from a temp of 28 degrees.. Their plyrs play r not used to high temps in Europe..  Match at 3.30 pm local time & hope the curacoans get dehydrated..  That is the only way we can save the match . Take the game deep,  accelerate in 2nd half after they get tired hopefully.  But not sure if we can stop their team which is playing total ftball ..  Will be embarrassing for India,  if I they start dominating the midfield and take possession 
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Curacao will be playing in CONCACAF Gold Cup on 17th, 21st and 25th June. This is their premier tournament, equivalent to AFC Asian Cup.
    Curacao is participating in King's cup in preparation to that tournament. Their Netherlands based players do not get much opportunity to play with each other-so this tournament will be helpful. Their players will be cautious in avoiding injuries and their Coach might be trying out different formations or some young players.
    India is also coming under a new Manager.
    I think that this game will finish at 0-0. In Penalty Shoot-Out, anything can happen. Lets hope for the best.
    SiV
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29608 Points
    "Lets hope for the best."

Although prepare for the worst.
    Seriously. This was what one of our teachers in school used to tell us before the exams, so that we would neither be overconfident nor unduly pessimistic. I have always found this a very useful precept. Last time, in the AFC Asian Cup, many of us were expecting a thrashing in the very first match against Thailand and though that we would be bundled out of the tournament. Then when we managed to beat them 4-1, we were on cloud nine and though we had already qualified for the knock-outs. The 0-1 loss to Bahrain thus came as a heartbreak to many of us (including me)

That is why when our NT plays in any tournament, especially against higher-ranked opponents, it is good to hope for the best (it gives us the required confidence). But it is always wise to be realistic and not set unattainable targets, so that if the results do not go our way we can knuckle down and get ready again for the next goal. 
    munna219777haritrams24sparta
  • @7negi ; any statement or news as why jobby was dropped? 
    for now I am just assuming coach didnt want to test him especially when these are away games that too against formidable opponents 
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29608 Points
    @shanks_dehighliving: That might be one of the reasons, also he might be having fitness issues

However, I have always believed that if you don't give young players a chance in away matches against stronger opponents (even as a sub), then how will they get a chance to gain experience? I remember M.S. Dhoni saying something of the sort when he gave several youngsters a chance during his tenure as captain of the Indian cricket team.

Of course the coach might be having his own ideas; he is the best person to judge which players are best fitted to his style of play.
    [Deleted User]reddevil87
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    sorry but how stupid is this reason when we want to become a better team in Asia
    "For now I am just assuming coach didnt want to test him especially when these are away games that too against formidable opponents" 
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Joby was just not upto the coach's expectations. Probably he'll have to perform, improve himself and wait for a better luck next time. 
    SiV
  • its not stupid but as a new coach I can understand this position hes in!! if he was 6 months old it was inexcusable

what if jobby cant score and take it badly? what if coach has observed this  jobbys tendency to take negative things badly?(not a statement its possibility that i can think) its one thing to play in league and other to play NT

Having said this, It would be better to add him in squad at least but then its coach's choice

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    No statement was given regarding jobby, but I think he wants to play only 1 striker up front 
  • RatulRatul Howrah1323 Points
    Probably he only watched ISL videos not i-league.
    goalkeepar