Hyderabad FC News

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited July 2023
    Hyderabad is like first love but last month was very difficu ..

They could not pay their salaries and was treated horrible on super cup. No wonder he left. These kind of practices will ruin a team. Their support inspite of winning had not increased. They will struggle with sponsorship as well. Hyderabad is turning to be a worse investment. Hope things get bettet
    Hyderabad FC is not a bad investment. Support inspite winning will not increase if people in Hyderabad don't know that there is a team that exists in ISL.

Also if you compare last years attendance its not that different from Mumbai, Goa, Chennai or Odisha.

Being fan in Hyderabad since 2006 I can say that the number of people who watch or know about Indian football has increased a lot after Hyderabad FC came in, few years ago when me and @Ronny watched Fateh Hyderabad matches there were 100 people and same with AFC Challenge cup in 2008.

Hyderabad was a football hub 50-60 years ago so if you are expecting 20k attendance and football mad fans like Kerala within 3-4 years then this is not the right project and people are living in a delusional world.

ISL/FSDL/AIFF/Local Association and people running the club need to put efforts to market the team and game well here ! 70% people around me in the city are not even aware of the team  
    giridharanNagendraindian_goonersouravindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    edited July 2023
    They were supposed to have new investors, any news about that?
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    ashindia said:
    Hyderabad is like first love but last month was very difficu ..

They could not pay their salaries and was treated horrible on super cup. No wonder he left. These kind of practices will ruin a team. Their support inspite of winning had not increased. They will struggle with sponsorship as well. Hyderabad is turning to be a worse investment. Hope things get bettet
    Hyderabad FC is not a bad investment. Support inspite winning will not increase if people in Hyderabad don't know that there is a team that exists in ISL.

Also if you compare last years attendance its not that different from Mumbai, Goa, Chennai or Odisha.

Being fan in Hyderabad since 2006 I can say that the number of people who watch or know about Indian football has increased a lot after Hyderabad FC came in, few years ago when me and @Ronny watched Fateh Hyderabad matches there were 100 people and same with AFC Challenge cup in 2008.

Hyderabad was a football hub 50-60 years ago so if you are expecting 20k attendance and football mad fans like Kerala within 3-4 years then this is not the right project and people are living in a delusional world.

ISL/FSDL/AIFF/Local Association and people running the club need to put efforts to market the team and game well here ! 70% people around me in the city are not even aware of the team  
    No doubts it deserves to be back to where it was decades ago. Expecting 20k is not right but they are letting unpaid people and still they are in low thousands. But we all need to agree the investors are sketchy and this practices are not acceptable in top tier. I am just calling out for better investors who can use a winning team and create an environment. I mean the team and the coach IMO has made a team out of nothing. They play one of the most exciting football as well. So all I wanted is a change in management to revive interest. With current state sorry to say it will soon be a failure.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    Hyderabad FC is moving in positive direction. As ashindia said, it would take time to get the things settled down. 
    Though gate-money is less for most of the clubs. We cannot consider it as a major factor as most of the foriegn clubs rely on Sponsors including Asian clubs. Sponsors will pay hefty amount only if it is football crazy state like West Bengal/Kerala. Even cities like Mumbai/Goa will attract investors and it is not similar case with Hyd FC.

Good things:
    1. Coaching Staff
    2. Scouting of domestic & foreign players
    3. Return on Investment (in the form of Transfer Fee & Loan fee)
    4. One of the active clubs in social media

Few things which need's to be improved. 
    1. Owners are holding talks for sponsorships, but in return receiving very minimal amount from Sponsors. But this would improve only with stadium crowd.
    2. Though they are, one of most active club in social media, they still need to do a lot in marketing, like
        a) During match-days, arranging screens for small groups in restaurants, malls, parks around the city
        b) Arranging buses from metro-station to stadium & vice-versa.
        c) If possible, engage with TSRTC and arrange bus-services to the stadium during match-days.
    3. HFC Soccer Schools & scouting should be more functional, and this shouldn't be limited to few schools and/or Hyderabad schools/academies.
    4. Free passes to near-by schools and colleges. Not sure if it is happening now. But it would definitely engage/attract youth & public to stadiums.
    5. Though Hyderabad cannot accommodate 3 clubs. They have played in I-League 2nd division earlier. It would be helpful for players if Fateh Hyderabad AFC is operational atleast in U-16 & U-19 level.  In this way, there would be proper structure and enough players for scouting and chances of turning into professional players will be high.
    Schools -- Local Academies -- Fateh Hyderabad -- Sreenidhi/Hyd FC

P.S :
    Though I'm a fan of BFC. After introduction of Hyd FC, my interest on ISL is almost doubled now and have watched almost all Hyd FC games online. But I'm yet to watch live in Stadium :)
    giridharanashindiaindian_goonersouravindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    Chennai did this by crashing a decent team and momentum they had with cut money signings. On the other hand all clubs consistently improved their side. They never cared to pour more money or improve squad. HFC has at least built a training base which is great IMO. But I am afraid HFC is going in same direction. They need a strong investor who will keep investing expecting minimal returns over time. MCFC even before CFG used to invest way more. They found an investor who invests more and I think their interest has increased. Their stadium attendance numbers and the fan base has grown organically. Now their youth setup is also increasing day by day. I am just not sure if the current owners care much. If you are struggling to pay their salaries on time and treat them by booking third class hotels and stuff. Why not find other investors and sell some shares? They have been consistently a top team for almost 3 seasons now.  The new coach Conor seems like a cut money signing. The thing about cut money signing is it does not work out always. I hope I am wrong. 
    Nagendraashindiaindian_gooner
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Chennai did this by crashing a decent team and momentum they had with cut money signings. On the other hand all clubs consistently improved their side. They never cared to pour more money or improve squad. HFC has at least built a training base which is great IMO. But I am afraid HFC is going in same direction. They need a strong investor who will keep investing expecting minimal returns over time. MCFC even before CFG used to invest way more. They found an investor who invests more and I think their interest has increased. Their stadium attendance numbers and the fan base has grown organically. Now their youth setup is also increasing day by day. I am just not sure if the current owners care much. If you are struggling to pay their salaries on time and treat them by booking third class hotels and stuff. Why not find other investors and sell some shares? They have been consistently a top team for almost 3 seasons now.  The new coach Conor seems like a cut money signing. The thing about cut money signing is it does not work out always. I hope I am wrong. 
    I do agree that coach this season is a big gamble. It may be a hit or miss. However Hyderabad FC have a very strong core of players in starting XI at least - Victor, Nikhil, Sana, Yasir, Kattimani, Hitesh and add that with Vignesh & other foreign signings. However bench is bit weak but they still have Gurmeet, Tavora, Nim dorjee, Rabeeh, Makkan chote, Aren who can do a decent Job for a top 6 finish. Duran Cup will show what direction Hyderabad FC is headed this season on field

Fun fact - HFC's Technical Director who's behind all these signings was once an active member of IFN
    indian_goonernamewtheldNagendragiridharan
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    Vijay Madduri, one of the co-founder of Hyd FC left his job (CEO of top IT company) and recently started a company, Aimlytics and hence couldn't able to fund without returns from league and income from his start-up company. That might be the reason for financial issues.

Investors.. who ??
    Problem will solve only if only top Pharma company like Reddy's or someone like Apollo Hospitals/ Venkys (VH group) invest something high without expecting in returns. All these people are from Telangana & Andhra. 

Long back, Venkys (VH group) moved their base from Hyd FC to Pune and they are not interested in investing in Hyderabad. They are the owners of Blackburn Rovers and ready to invest in Pune, UK, Europe & Vietnam.
    indian_goonergiridharan
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Chennai's issue was the market got inflated and the owners couldn't afford to keep up with others in terms of investment

Also doesn't help that the management is terrible with no real scout or technical director with adequate knowledge of football. They've hired journalist and such people to sign and make important decisions while other clubs have qualified personnel.