India vs Bangladesh 15 October AFC FIFA World Cup Qualifier Second Round

Comments

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    We could have played better today. It was Igors tactics and team selection that let us down. Remember we played good against Oman,  Syria. 
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I am not usually pessimistic but horrid display like this can put anyone in that mood. A draw or defeat would have been acceptable had India played well and controlled the game while Bangladesh somehow managed to steal a goal. Its shit but thats life; unfair things happen. But to snatch a draw today was actually worse because in truth India played one of their worst matches in recent history and Bangladesh actually deserved to win by 3-4 goals (2 clear penalty shouts ignored by ref in first half). They worked harder, had more passion, pressed high up, closed Indian players effectively, counter attacked well and defended brilliantly....and for what its worth, Bangladesh passed better than us (despite all our hoopla about playing from the back and adopting a possession based style). 

munna219777ashindiaDeb_BangiridharangoalkeeparRatul
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    I wasn’t able to see most of the match but from whatever i saw, Bangladesh were focused on playing for counter and they sat deep. Wanting us to play aggressive and patient football, stringing passes and do something different which we weren’t able to do so. Clearly we aren’t used to play against a team which is sitting deep and playing on counter (it’s the other way round mostly!). We failed today, and need better players. Can’t say when will it happen though!
    ajmalmunna219777Passigoalkeepar
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29650 Points
    Official attendance: 61,486
    haritrams24atuljgdreamerajmalgiridharanmunna219777goalkeeparRatulkartik91indian_gooner
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Indian players showed no desire or urgency to press and close down bangla players or to win back the second and third balls. There were solo runs, hurried passes and long balls to nowhere. The players were strolling on the pitch instead of running and after passing they just stood still, watching the game rather than playing it. No positional sense, no fitness. At times two or three Indian players were running (walking??) side by side while going for the same ball! 
    I wonder, how have we improved from the Constantine era? At least under the former our defence was much tighter and used to play effective, pacy counter attacking football. We used to score easily as well. But now under Stimac our defence is shit, we are conceding in almost every match, and to be honest we are not creating that many chances as well. What is Stimac's strategy behind not playing friendlies before important games or not use the best players in starting 11?
    Deb_BanashindiagoalkeeparRatulkartik91
  • samsam 16430 Points
    This is what AFC wrote on their page
    India fight back from a goal down to salvage a draw against Bangladesh in #AsianQualifiers Group E!
    ashindiagoalkeeparRatulkartik91
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited October 2019
    Under Constantine,  can anyone tell any similar match where the opposite team was parking the bus and we won the match convincingly. Its difficult for us in such matches,  as our playing style has been changed now. If we were under constantine now, maybe we could have tried constant long crosses from wings and could have won the match somehow. 
    kartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10460 Points
    Actually this Bangla team is pretty decent..they have their core from their U-23 which made it to last 16 in Asian games an were pretty good against Qatar also..we faltered after the first goal today and the burden of expectations was too much
    ajmalharitrams24atuljgSoccerloverPassiashindiagoalkeeparkartik91indian_gooner
  • I guess our players were taking this game easy. They thought we if could draw Qatar at their home and also narrowly missed out against Oman then this game would be a cake walk. Stimac was emphasizing again and again before the game that we are not underestimating BD which means the players were definitely thinking like that. I would surely blame the players more than the coach. They played like amateurs.  
    Deb_Bangoalkeeparkartik91indian_gooner
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I may sound rude to some of you but the explanations which some of you guys are giving are not up to the mark.

What burden of expectations bro??? Beating Bangladesh at home in a football match seems like burden of expectations to some of you.

Bangladesh U-23 Core team reaching last 16 in Asian Games???We almost reached Asian Cup last 16 and this team has many of those core players.

Please don't give me this Constantine crap bro.
    I don't know how can someone defend the team who has played a 1-1 draw against Bangladesh at home and the manner in which we played. It wasn't like we are unlucky or something (Like 5-6 times we hit the post,couple of penalties were denied to us).It was on the whole a 3rd grade performance.Admit it and be ashamed(for the players).

rathorevarun4 SiVatuljgajmalgiridharanDeb_BanPassi[Deleted User]munna219777ashindiaand 4 others.