Afghanistan vs India Group E World Cup Qualifier|14 November 2019

Comments

• gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    After watching u19  i dont think narender good enough for national team 
    munna219777AbhishekashindiaatuljgRonny
  • RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    Oh that is terrible news for him!
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3586 Points
    I am sure that Afghanistan will just crowd their midfield. Bangladesh did it. They are strong in midfield. Ill be surprised if they score.

But we never know what our defence is capable of. If stimac and our midfield underperforms we are in for a bad ride.

And god i am not talking about our defence.
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Even I want India to win but after seeing the Bangladesh game and the u19 qualifiers I have almost given up on Football!! That Bangladesh game still gives me nightmares.  
    giridharan
    Yeah the fact is Afghanistan has a better midfield than Bangladesh. If they crowd out and pressurize us. We never know if we have enough experience in midfield to handle that and create more chances. Hope we increase the numbers in midfield and create more chances
    Chelseafan
    And we cannot remain solely dependent on either Chettri or sahal. People like Thapa, reynier (i really hope he plays...he is a beautiful beautiful player), brandon, udanta, changte and bheke have to step up and perform. Udanta cannot remain anonymous throughout the match like against Bangladesh. We need a third player who can strongly influence the match positively.
    giridharangoalkeeparSiV

Anoush Dastgir generally prefers a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1 formation for this Afghanistan side. Given the fact that India are a stronger opponent on paper compared to the Afghans, the 29-year-old coach might just crowd his midfield and defence. He can also take a leaf out of Bangladesh coach Jamie Day's book whose midfield consolidation tactics choked India a month back.

The midfield is certainly their strength and Afghanistan will be looking to crowd it out. It is a toss-up between Omran Haydary and Zubayr Amiri for the number nine slot but young Omran might have to sacrifice his place for experienced forward Zubayr in this all-important clash (from Goal.com)

giridharanPassi
  • samsam 16425 Points
    It's sad that half the group is of (ex) SAFF and still we are discussing these things.
    giridharanNagendraharitrams24SiV
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    ;sam

same feeling.. Prior to qualifiers, we were thinking about collecting 3 or 4 points against Oman.. and now we are discussing not losing points against Afghanistan & Bangladesh..

We won two games against Thailand in competitive matches and even collected a point against Qatar away from Home..  

Mainly our attack is inconsistent & unpredictable .. We are solely dependent on Sunil Chhetri and we need either Jeje or Jobby Justin in Starting XI who can score goals..
    sudheermylankalmunna219777
    @Nagendra
     Yeah why don't we all accept we were super cocky in thinking these matches are gonna be easy for our NT. 

I don't know if it's just me, The way we performed at Bangladesh gives any indian football fans no sleep. We never had a plan B. Our Players were not intelligent enough to do basics of playing behind player's shoulder. Making stupid decisions and then at the end doing a Viking clap as if that was an achievement.

My friend you are saying our offense is a concern. I would say that is a visible concern. But to still assume our MID(trust me even i did) is better makes no sense. Thapa is out of form. Brandon acted weird in the center. still an option Udanta has no footballing brain and Ashique is now going to be confused if he has to be WB or Winger like in his last BFC outing. We really are thinking our MID could save us. I am telling you we are very much on the bad side than the good side.
    NagendraEastBengalPridedev_pfcsudheermylankalmunna219777Ratulkartik91