I-League 2019-2020 General Discussion.

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Yes, that is the true strength of IL, quality that cannot be factory made.
    thebeautifulgameharitrams24EastBengalPridegoalkeeparsouravindia
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Yes, I-league is organic and  ISL is not organic,  You will have DD/PCFC re branded over night.  ISL will be become organic once they concentrate on football rather entertainment/Business.  
    haritrams24goalkeepar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Allowing promotion and relegation will make ISL true indian league and not a private league where top division teams are decided by woman with 0 idea of indian football based on how much money they have.
    EastBengalPridesouravindiaatuljgharitrams24sudheermylankal
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    ISL would become organic if  they stop impose synthetic clubs in regions where football is popular (one North East United FC in place of a potential 4-5 clubs from the region -- the driving force of Indian football, one each from Bengal and Goa -- ATK and GFC -- in place for 2-3 each from the same regions, impose clubs where football is listless -- Pune and Delhi, generally ignore the south of India) and allow clubs to come up freely where they want. India is not the place of 'one city, one club' dictum. The sport is distributed unevenly across the country, and it is not a disease The sooner they realize it, the better.

In short, stop acting as know-it-all of Indian football. They don't have an iota of knowledge of Indian football.
    EastBengalPridegoalkeeparsouravindia
    Even if pro rel is started they will never allow a club from NE,Goa or Kerala to get promoted they will find a way to fail them in there set "criteria" etc finance, Stadium etc. Even if EB n MB gos in ISL they will force MB to play from kalyani and EB from Siliguri I don't think they will allow 3 clubs in Kolkata, after removing 1 state 1 club rule they will impose 1 club 1 stadium rule.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited December 2019
    I disagree to the saying that ISL was completely negative.

Football was dead in Kerala before ISL. The interest was there and people watched football but it was only European football including me. Even Gokulam Kerala was formed and is succeeding only after Sri Gokulam Gopalan saw the success of Kerala Blasters and decided to invest.

ISL brought good crowds to watch games at Chennai, Hyderabad, Goa, Bhubaneswar, Jamshedpur. Earlier, there were crowds only at North-east and Kolkata for I league. The spectators came and we have to give them credit. Yes, they failed in Delhi and Pune but the football culture in those cities are extremely poor.

There are lot of negatives as well especially Relegation-Promotion which will happen i guess in 2-3 years. Hope they'll follow 1 team relegation and 2 team promotion till they attain around 18 teams.
    sudheermylankalgiridharanjees_josegopiajeeshmohammed_87hassan
  • ReenuTReenuT India4 Points
    Heavyweights East Bengal will miss their star midfielder Jaime Santos Colado when they host debutantes TRAU FC in an I-League fixture.

haritrams24
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Does anyone know what exactly Colado did? 
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    Apparently, he kicked the ball towards two ball boys. Interesting thing is that the complainant is one Indranil Das of I-League and neither the Match Commissioner, referee or Punjab FC management.
    goalkeeparmunna219777
    This guy worked with MCFC in past ?